ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Screenshot Captor

Standalone screenshot window

<< < (3/5) > >>

spacedad:
ah, well that's my baby.  :)

mouser:
Ok well I am open to hearing requests to modify that functionality.  My memory is it was implemented mainly so people could view captures at FULL screen size, without the normal SC interface getting in the way.. Most useful for people with multiple monitors, so one monitor can be only the screenshot and another is SC with large thumbnail browser functionality.

tomos:
i can almost do it, but it doesn't hide after clicking away, or standalone screenshot window doesn't resize to fit capture.
-spacedad (August 18, 2019, 07:33 PM)
--- End quote ---
what do you mean by clicking away?

Here, I can select "After capture, save and show main window" (from the 'Capture bar' - presumably in options somewhere as well)
You can resize this window to roughly same size proportion of your fixed image size -- this will be remembered. Thumbnail panel and naming etc panel at the bottom can be hidden.

If I click on another window, the SC window will go to the back.
Is that any help? (or have I misunderstood?)

Standalone screenshot window

spacedad:
Here, I can select "After capture, save and show main window"
You can resize this window to roughly same size proportion of your fixed image size -- this will be remembered. Thumbnail panel and naming etc panel at the bottom can be hidden.

If I click on another window, the SC window will go to the back.
Is that any help? (or have I misunderstood?)
-tomos (August 20, 2019, 12:25 AM)
--- End quote ---
hi, i did try that, but i didn't managed to remove all the buttons, i'll keep trying!
the temp standalone screenshot window was more stripped down.
and yes, clicking on another window sending screenshot to the back, was what i meant.
do you think i need a much smaller program ('tempcap' or something), that can just select a region then display a floating image?
SC is a great program but is it too complex for my intended use?

spacedad:
Ok well I am open to hearing requests to modify that functionality.  My memory is it was implemented mainly so people could view captures at FULL screen size, without the normal SC interface getting in the way.. Most useful for people with multiple monitors, so one monitor can be only the screenshot and another is SC with large thumbnail browser functionality.
-mouser (August 19, 2019, 08:42 PM)
--- End quote ---

i see, it's a great program for lots of things, but i need something simple and quick.
even if the 'toggle standalone screenshot window' could be set to work as default, would be good, so i don't have to go into settings to turn it on. time is of the essence in my situation, as the language chat box only stays on screen for a few seconds.
the auto-resizing, i could live without, and even the 'hide' once another window is clicked, i could live with, really.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version