ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Found Deals and Discounts

ThunderDrive 2 TB Cloud Storage for $59 Lifetime / $98 4 TB Lifetime Fee

<< < (2/2)

wraith808:
In general, pcloud has been more, at least for the offers I've seen.  I've been paying attention because I like and use pcloud.  It's in one of those funny situations where I've made money off of pcloud affiliate program, but haven't actually bought anything because I'm waiting for a really good deal.

brahman:
I amended my first post to make ThunderDrive's difference in plans between storage space and bandwidth more clear.

I think physical storage space has been coming down in price, so it seems only logical that cloud spaces which of course somewhere also use physical storage space, should be getting cheaper too.

I remember Microsoft also using a similar strategy: They offered unlimited storage space in the beginning for their subscription, and now where they have become established players in that field, there terms are quite different.

So from that point of view, ThunderDrive's offering makes sense.

Midnight Rambler:
I'm always leery of lifetime deals.  Who knows how long they'll be in business or get bought-out and change the terms of existing user contracts.

wraith808:
I'm always leery of lifetime deals.  Who knows how long they'll be in business or get bought-out and change the terms of existing user contracts.
-Midnight Rambler (October 08, 2019, 10:23 AM)
--- End quote ---
:up:

Especially with a hosted service.  Their infrastructure costs money over time, and the lifetime doesn't cover that.

brahman:
Yes, it's obviously a pyramid scheme. :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version