ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: block mouse/audio on local network to targeted computers

(1/3) > >>

flamerz:
Hello. I was trying to acomplish the following idea with autohotkey but I'm stuck on the remote aproach.

I'm a teacher and some of my students have strong atention issues (special needs, autism...).

Sometimes I have to get atention and my idea is to block the mouse and mute their computer on the ones that they are not listening me.

This helps me to stop any music/audio on their headphones and block their primary input, this should be enough.

I get some code from Skrommel, but I'm still thinking how to send the shortcut to their computer. No idea about the best way.

This is the starting code:

#m::                    ;win + m hotkey
if (x != 1)
{
    BlockInput, MouseMove
    x := 1
    Hotkey, LButton, DoNothing
    Hotkey, RButton, DoNothing
    Hotkey, XButton1, DoNothing
    Hotkey, XButton2, DoNothing
    SoundSet, +1, , Mute
    return
}
if (x = 1)
{
 SoundSet, +1, , mute
    reload
}

DoNothing:
return

Any feedback is appreciated.

highend01:
You can't send "keystrokes" over a network, you need to send "messages" (to a program that listens to them on each client pc).
E.g. with https://autohotkey.com/board/topic/53827-ahksock-a-simple-ahk-implementation-of-winsock-tcpip/
If that still works...

flamerz:
Thanks for guiding me... Im new with AHK.

publicdomain:
Hello. I was trying to acomplish the following idea with autohotkey but I'm stuck on the remote aproach.

I'm a teacher and some of my students have strong atention issues (special needs, autism...).

Sometimes I have to get atention and my idea is to block the mouse and mute their computer on the ones that they are not listening me.
[..]

Any feedback is appreciated.
-flamerz (August 15, 2019, 11:56 AM)
--- End quote ---

Hello flamerz,

This looks like an exciting and most-useful project to assist the children  :Thmbsup:

I’ve worked with server-client architecture before.

It's very straightforward! These projects are usually “glorified chats” between computers; simply recognizing text patterns to trigger a certain action on the other end (i.e. totally doable!)

If you're still in need of this program, let’s work together toward making it a reality.

Cheers!
Vic

KodeZwerg:
What Operating System are you using?
What Security Settings (Firewall) are used?

If it's Windows based, and you can give me a Port to communicate with, and if i find proper time to do, i could realize this project.

My idea would be:
on Clients set up a (my) Service to automatic mode, so my listener is always active, total hidden (no GUI or such...)
on Server set up an Application that find listeners, for each found client add two checkboxes "block mouse" & "suspend audio", extendable to more stuff like block internet, lock screen etc etc etc....

But as said.... time is a thingy that i do not have much atm :-( can't even read pm's or mails much.... so sorry

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version