ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Syncovery - OneDrive - Encryption

<< < (2/3) > >>

wraith808:
I'd never actually used Syncovery to sync directly to OneDrive.  As I use OneDrive locally, it's not something that I need (I just sync from OneDrive to my NAS so that I have it in three places), but it's a good feature to be aware of, and I definitely learned something!

As far as the syncing process, they do have a real-time option in Pro that will update as files are changed.  Not sure how exactly that works with encryption though.  The description of the feature can be found at https://www.syncovery.com/real-time-sync/

4wd:
I do assume I would need the pro version to do what I want if Syncovery can do it.-brahman (August 15, 2019, 10:11 AM)
--- End quote ---

If you want Real-time Sync, Encryption, and Cloud Service integration, then yes.

So you are synching to OneDrive and it is encrypted and it is not a one time synch but can run in the background and automatically updates files added or changed to OneDrive?
--- End quote ---

Files are encrypted and file changes are mirrored on OneDrive within a few seconds of being detected on the system, (according to the testing I just did).

SyncBack Pro also offers similar features for a similar price, (mentioning because this is what I use at home), doesn't hurt to have more options.

brahman:
@wraith808
We both learned some things today. :) That's what life is for! Lol

@4wd
Thanks for setting it up and checking - that's very helpful of you!

@everyone
I know I am not such a frequent user as I used to be, but it always feels good to visit. It's like a home away from home (eeehhhh actually I don't have a home any more, since I became a nomad - Hahaha)

Greetings to @mouser and all the lovely people at Donationcoder - one of the best software communities on the web!

superboyac:
@everyone
I know I am not such a frequent user as I used to be, but it always feels good to visit. It's like a home away from home (eeehhhh actually I don't have a home any more, since I became a nomad - Hahaha)

Greetings to @mouser and all the lovely people at Donationcoder - one of the best software communities on the web!
-brahman (August 15, 2019, 11:16 AM)
--- End quote ---
same here!  :Thmbsup:

dc has clearly suffered as social media has taken off in past 10 years.  I know what affected me the most...reddit.  and changes in life.  but this is still the OG home!  much more civilized, we are not trying to get points and stuff so we have more honest discussions here.  mousey got married, ha!  anyway, glad to be back.

superboyac:
to the OP...
not sure.  I use syncovery pretty heavily, but mainly with files.  So I haven't tried the onenote syncing....but the program can do it natively (as it is written on the website).
4wd's test seems to confirm that.

syncovery is one of the best programs ive ever used.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version