ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Image Manager Shootout

Where is Adobe Photoshop Elements 4.0??

<< < (10/10)

nudone:
i thought it might be better explained if i provided a screengrab. this isn't exactly how i lay out acdsee, i've taken the screen grab whilst i'm at work but you should get the idea...

other than that, i agree photoshop elements has a nicer tagging system - i don't like how acdsee splits the tagging process up across different panels (maybe it helps in some ways but i'd have to invent a reason). the image stacking sounds like a handy feature too.

i can imagine that the tagging power within acdsee will grow with future releases, like i said, i'm not entirely sure what the benefits are of splitting this job up between panels - it certainly is more intuitive with photoshop elements. other than these two points i don't feel i'm missing out on anything in the tagging department by using acdsee instead of photoshop elements.

moerl:
I'll get back to you when I find some time to read all that you have written :). Just judging by what I see at a glance now, though, I can make this comment, though not having read all of what you have written, the answer may already be contained in one of your posts: if you have keywords AND tags, how do you use both of them? I mean, if you're going to use keywords for tagging but yet can't drag multiple TAGS onto images at once, doesn't that make a mess of everything? That's how I see it right now, but again, I have to read all of what you've written, which I can't do right now.

nudone:
i haven't got a good reason as when to use 'keywords' and when to use 'categories/tags' (or both at the same time). wish i had.

the tags are obviously easier to select when viewing your files so 'keywords' only seem useful when searching. if you can think of a really good reason i'd like to hear of it too.

if you read anything of what i wrote then just read the bit about the 'PROPERTIES - DATABASE - organise' panel, as that is where you 'tag' your images NOT in the 'ORGANISE' panel.

to be honest, the way the tagging works in acdsee appears to be either suffering from a bug or whoever made it just didn't appreciate what was required. being able to only drag one 'tag' at a time makes no sense at all.

mouser:
a side question: is moerl trying to win a contest for most words in one post without a line break?

moerl:
a side question: is moerl trying to win a contest for most words in one post without a line break?
-mouser (April 13, 2006, 04:50 AM)
--- End quote ---
lol.. yeah, sorry about that one. I just somehow felt like it really was all one paragraph because everything that was said in it was related. Oh well.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version