ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Mini-Reviews by Members

XYplorer File Manager

<< < (24/43) > >>

boxstar:
Anyhow, looks like we can close this part of the debate soon.
-luc (November 20, 2007, 11:38 AM)
--- End quote ---
Oh, really? Do you have some insider information we all others don't have?

Come on, luc, just stop your whining and buy Directory Opus or some other DP clone. There are so much choices, where is your problem?  :wallbash: :nono2:  :down:

Or buy both fruits and make lemonade!  :P :P

You don't seem to understand that DP is far more than just adding a second pane. The whole program is build around the SP approach...

f0dder:
Getting hot, getting hotter... :)

Personally I prefer a file management tool that lets me switch between single- and dual-pane view, and has tabs. xplorer2 does this perfectly (I used 2xExplorer, nagged for single-pane mode, dropped 2xExplorer, and was super happy a while later when xplorer^2 was released).

I'm very keyboard-oriented when doing file management, and x^2 has very good hotkeys for managing tabs and everything. Here's a shot showing how I have x^2 configured (notice, no mouse-friendly toolbars :)), and why I think dual-pane and tabs is useful...

Note that this isn't meant to belittle xyplorer or hit you in the head or anything, just to give a perspective on why I think dual-pane and tabs are good, and wouldn't use a file manager that hadn't got those features.

XYplorer File Manager

luc:
Just another example of the somewhat absurd nature of this "debate". One side attempts to provide arguments - the other contents "one just does not understand"  ( again without providing any hints of what exactly could there be to understand anyhow? ).  Perhaps, SP is just a "certain way of life"?; these posts make it look like a mysterious cult.

Anyhow, looks like we can close this part of the debate soon.
-luc (November 20, 2007, 11:38 AM)
--- End quote ---
Oh, really? Do you have some insider information we all others don't have?

Come on, luc, just stop your whining and buy Directory Opus or some other DP clone. There are so much choices, where is your problem?  :wallbash: :nono2:  :down:

Or buy both fruits and make lemonade!  :P :P

You don't seem to understand that DP is far more than just adding a second pane. The whole program is build around the SP approach...
-boxstar (November 20, 2007, 12:41 PM)
--- End quote ---

nosh:
I'm really happy with X2 too but one can't help but envy the XY users when one hears they have new builds to play with every few days. Argh!! 

f0dder:
I'm really happy with X2 too but one can't help but envy the XY users when one hears they have new builds to play with every few days. Argh!! 
-nosh (November 20, 2007, 02:14 PM)
--- End quote ---
I personally prefer somewhat longer inbetween builds, and have them stable (NOT saying that xyplorer isn't, don't have experience with it!) - now "in my older days", I don't suffer as much from versionitis as I used to ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version