ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Mini-Reviews by Members

XYplorer File Manager

<< < (18/43) > >>

mwang:
Or have I forgotten anything, mwang?
-DonL (November 04, 2007, 07:42 AM)
--- End quote ---
I don't remember the specifics anymore, sorry. I removed XY when the trial period expired, and I'm not sure if I could try again. (It's my impression that trying to test drive a shareware program for a second time usually doesn't work.)

I vaguely remember some issues when dealing with files whose paths contain unicode characters, and some with mixed languages (e.g., Japanese and Chinese). There's also a line in my file manager comparison note (when I was comparing XY, DOpus and X2) that says "no unicode in address bar", though I'm not sure what that really means anymore. (It's done a few months back.)

If you want to address the issues someday, I'm happy to help debugging.

DonL:
Or have I forgotten anything, mwang?
-DonL (November 04, 2007, 07:42 AM)
--- End quote ---
I don't remember the specifics anymore, sorry. I removed XY when the trial period expired, and I'm not sure if I could try again. (It's my impression that trying to test drive a shareware program for a second time usually doesn't work.)-mwang (November 04, 2007, 05:49 PM)
--- End quote ---
You mean technically or psychologically? Technically you don't need to worry with XYplorer: it does not use the registry, so there's no trace of it on your computer, so you can try it again without any problem.

... "no unicode in address bar" ...
If you want to address the issues someday, I'm happy to help debugging.
-mwang (November 04, 2007, 05:49 PM)
--- End quote ---
Yes, that's what I said: no unicode in address bar or any other editable controls.
I will tackle this sooner or later, so thanks for your offer of debugging help.

mwang:
(It's my impression that trying to test drive a shareware program for a second time usually doesn't work.)-mwang (November 04, 2007, 05:49 PM)
--- End quote ---
You mean technically or psychologically? Technically you don't need to worry with XYplorer: it does not use the registry, so there's no trace of it on your computer, so you can try it again without any problem.-DonL (November 05, 2007, 01:04 AM)
--- End quote ---

Technically, of course. Many shareware programs would refuse to run when re-installed after the trial expires. At least that's my impression. Good to know XYplorer doesn't do that. I'll pick it up again, then, when I see anything unicode-related in your beta announcements, which I do monitor every now and then. Good to know it's on your to-do list. Thanks!

DonL:
XYplorer 6.50 is out! Here's a quick impression of the new User-Defined Commands (UDCs):

http://www.xyplorer.com/product.htm#udc

cheers,
Don

Darwin:
Thanks for the head's up, Don. Your committment to your product and your customers is OUTSTANDING!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version