ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Mini-Reviews by Members

XYplorer File Manager

<< < (33/43) > >>

tomos:
had to do a double take there...

XYplorer File Manager

surftwo:
Do a Google search for free xyplorer and you'll get this page or just go here to get the free version.
It's version 5.5........<a href="http://www.xyplorer.com/free.php">xyplorer</a>

J-Mac:
Oh well...  I have had my lifetime license for only about a week, and I am really 'jonesin' for dual panes.  Very painful withdrawal!  I can't believe I missed this - I guess I figured that everyone here spoke so well of XYplorer that it just must have dual panes!  After all, I see the availability of more than one pane as kind of a standard of aftermarket file explorers. After all it is one of the most visible and obvious differences from the default Windows Explorer. (And to me, one of the most helpful).

Anyway, I see that the "purists" over at the XY forums are all smacking themselves on the back and posting how only rank amateurs want dual pane explorers, and "real" power users know that single pane explorers are so much better.

I'd say that XYplorer will probably never have a dual pane view. Good think I have my Directory Opus license to fall back on - and, of course, my old faithful, Total Commander!

Jim

Grorgy:
I find I'm using XYplorer more and more as time goes by.  The dual panes are becoming less of an issue and I have a couple of options there if i really want to see 2 panes.

DonL:
I find I'm using XYplorer more and more as time goes by.  The dual panes are becoming less of an issue and I have a couple of options there if i really want to see 2 panes.
-Grorgy (April 18, 2008, 12:48 AM)
--- End quote ---
BTW, the next release will feature the incredible Portable Openwith Menu (POM). Here's a preview: http://www.xyplorer.com/release_7.10.htm

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version