ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Mini-Reviews by Members

XYplorer File Manager

<< < (11/43) > >>

zridling:
Thanks sri!

tinyvillager:

Love this program,bought it,no regrets.Keep up the good work DonL. :Thmbsup:

mouser:
one of my favorite features in directory opus is the display of folder sizes.

xyplorer has this feature BUT it's not quite usable yet imho, because it doesnt transparently scan and update folder sizes in a background thread the way dir opus does.  this is a deal breaker for me.

i'd like to see it do folder size reporting like dir opus: basically the program operates entirely normally and with no waiting, but in the background when you are in a folder it starts calculating and displaying folder sizes.. if you change directories at any time its completely seamless.  so there is no reason to "cancel" from directory sizing or wait for it to complete like you do in xyplorer.

DonL:
xyplorer has this feature BUT it's not quite usable yet imho, because it doesnt transparently scan and update folder sizes in a background thread the way dir opus does. ...-mouser (September 22, 2006, 04:54 AM)
--- End quote ---
Oh la la! This is actually a bug! I just fixed it. Now the shown folder sizes are updated on the fly when any byte down in some subfolder is added or removed. If that's all you need... 8)

[upload of fixed version probably tomorrow]

DonL:
i'd like to see it do folder size reporting like dir opus: basically the program operates entirely normally and with no waiting, but in the background when you are in a folder it starts calculating and displaying folder sizes.. -mouser (September 22, 2006, 04:54 AM)
--- End quote ---
One question: if the list is currently sorted by Size, how does DO achieve the correct sort order before it knows the folder sizes?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version