ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Mini-Reviews by Members

XYplorer File Manager

<< < (6/43) > >>

tslim:
Here's another neat feature.

The ability to copy a whole folder structure, including all subfolders, to a different location, without copying the files inside those folders is a great time-saver.-zridling (August 24, 2006, 06:04 PM)
--- End quote ---

My dream function/greatest time-saver is:

Instead of just copying the "folder tree structure", user may opt to generate a "batch file" or "Windows script" that when run will create that "folder tree structure"

NeilS:
The ability to copy a whole folder structure, including all subfolders, to a different location, without copying the files inside those folders is a great time-saver.
-zridling (August 24, 2006, 06:04 PM)
--- End quote ---

Yeah, this is a nice facility.

I was wanting to get DOpus to do a (roughly) similar thing the other day, where I could copy a folder tree without the ".svn" folders (created by Subversion) or any of the files inside them. DOpus' file filters seemed like they would do the job, but it was a bit harder than I expected, because it behaves a little strangely with folders. Basically, if you set the file filter to simply ignore items with "name" matching ".svn", it will do nothing, because it seems to only consider the files and not the folders. However, if you tell it to ignore items with the "type" matching "[Folders Only]" AND "name" matching ".svn", it works.

Coming back to the feature you mention, the "type" matching "[Folders Only]" rule can be used on its own (as a "match" rather than an ignore) to perform a copy of the folder structure without any of the files. Pretty neat - I just need to figure out how to make it appear as an option on a right-button-drag. Might be easier to just add it as a toolbar button though.

zridling:
I'm sure that has to do with how DOpus handles virtual folders. Or am I wrong on that?

zridling:
PS: Anyone notice how much faster DOpus (Directory Opus) is in the latest 8.2.2.4 version? Noticeable difference.

NeilS:
I'm sure that has to do with how DOpus handles virtual folders. Or am I wrong on that?
-zridling (August 25, 2006, 10:23 PM)
--- End quote ---

I thought DOpus' virtual folders was just a way to tell it which folders to use Explorer's containers for, e.g. you might want the control panel to show up as it does in Explorer, but Windows/Fonts to be handled by DOpus?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version