ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Mini-Reviews by Members

XYplorer File Manager

<< < (25/43) > >>

mwb1100:
Anyhow, looks like we can close this part of the debate soon.
-luc (November 20, 2007, 11:38 AM)
--- End quote ---
Oh, really? Do you have some insider information we all others don't have?
-boxstar (November 20, 2007, 12:41 PM)
--- End quote ---

Don't know if this is what luc was referring to, but DP is on Don's roadmap for XY.  I don't know how soon this means Don will get around to it, though.

boxstar:
One side [...] - the other [...]
-luc (November 20, 2007, 01:38 PM)
--- End quote ---

You seem to have a somewhat black-white approach to the world. There are no two sides - we are all people who try to manage our files and we use different tools with different approaches.

To say "I don't like B, make it look more like A" is absurd.
Just buy A and everything is good.

Perhaps, SP is just a "certain way of life"?; these posts make it look like a mysterious cult.
--- End quote ---

Sorry, I have to dissapoint you, SP isn't "a certain way of life", it's only "a certain way of managing files". Tastes differ, my friend, and so do tools. This way everyone can be happy.

One side attempts to provide arguments [...]
--- End quote ---

Oh, and sorry again, I didn't realize that you tried to provide arguments...

nosh:
I'm trying to fight versionitis and kinda winning off late but as far as X2 is concerned, it crashes on me a few times atleast every single day... generally when I close it, which is harmless. A few days back I was working with a huge number of files, really pushing the app and it did occasionally crash on me inbetween operations too. Stability is not exactly its forte. The fact that it's still around just shows how indispensable it's become.   

tomos:
from Gizmo's latest newsletter

Topic:- "Search Files Without Using a Desktop Search Utility"

A final option is to use the search feature built into some File Managers. Among the best of these is XYplorer [5].
XYplorer can search for both file names and file contents and has powerful search specification options, including the ability to limit the search to specific drives, folders, file types, creation dates, size, file attributes and more. Furthermore, the speed of the inbuilt search is simply amazing. just BTW :)

nosh:
Although there _are_ advantages to using specialized tools.  :)

XYplorer

FileLocator Pro

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version