ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Altap Salamander now freeware

<< < (3/5) > >>

wraith808:
I only use XYPlorer when I don't have access to DOPus

BGM:
Also, you should consider to spend money. Paid file managers are (almost) always better than freeware file managers.
-Tuxman (August 10, 2019, 03:39 PM)
--- End quote ---
I disagree with this statement.  I've been a user and beta-tester for FreeCommander for years and years.  I honestly can't imagine anything any other file manager could possibly do.  It does absolutely everything.  There are stacks and stacks of features that I don't even use all of them - and I'm a power user if there ever was one (speaking humbly here).  The forum has always been active, and the authour responds.

Tuxman:
FreeCommander (64-bit) is a paid software. Point proven.

Curt:
Stop bickering!

FreeCommander is freeware - and they also have a bonus version for donators.

The “Donor Version” of the program is the release created more often then once a year, as bonus for the donors. These versions are marked in the about dialog box as “donor” and not as “public”.  The donor versions are available as 64 and 32 bit, both in setup and portable form. The functions of the donor release compared to public are the same with the exception for searching in the “PDF” files.-FreeCommander
--- End quote ---

Tuxman:
So the unpaid version is artificially crippled. That's not what I would call a "freeware" software.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version