ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Altap Salamander now freeware

(1/5) > >>

x16wda:
I haven't noticed anyone post that the Altap Salamander file manager is now freeware - did I just miss the post?

Altap Salamander download page

Download Altap Salamander 4.0 - Freeware
Altap Salamander (including all plugins) from version 4.0 becomes freeware for both commercial and non-commercial use. Users of older Salamander versions can upgrade to version 4.0 free of charge. Version 4.0 requires Windows 7 or newer. There are not other limitations compared to commercial version 3.08.
--- End quote ---

Steven Avery:
And their support forum is active.

Altap Salamander Support Forums
https://forum.altap.cz/index.php?sid=c586096de7a21120a57dd1c704e726b7

MilesAhead:
I haven't noticed anyone post that the Altap Salamander file manager is now freeware - did I just miss the post?

Altap Salamander download page

Download Altap Salamander 4.0 - Freeware
Altap Salamander (including all plugins) from version 4.0 becomes freeware for both commercial and non-commercial use. Users of older Salamander versions can upgrade to version 4.0 free of charge. Version 4.0 requires Windows 7 or newer. There are not other limitations compared to commercial version 3.08.
--- End quote ---

-x16wda (August 09, 2019, 06:14 PM)
--- End quote ---

Cool.  I never heard of this file manager.  I was into FreeCommander until the 64 bit hurdle kind of messed up the evolution of it.   I will check it out though.  Thanks for the heads up.   :Thmbsup:

wraith808:
It's a very nice explorer.  I didn't know that it had become free... so thanks for the heads up!

Tuxman:
Still no Unicode support - and according to the forums, it's not clear whether the new owner of Altap will continue development.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version