ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Eudora, Hermes and Pandora - also compared to TheBat! and other email clients

<< < (12/13) > >>

Tuxman:
The one thing The Bat! does not have is Lightning. Everything else is there.  :)

oblivion:
Consider trying out Interlink Mail & News.
-Attronarch (July 05, 2020, 02:17 AM)
--- End quote ---

Thanks -- I'll give it a go!

sphere:
The one thing The Bat! does not have is Lightning. Everything else is there.  :)
-Tuxman (July 05, 2020, 10:59 AM)
--- End quote ---

Can it do the scheduling and monitoring I am looking for:

Scheduling emails: Thunderbird has the ability through an addon to send an email at a prescribed time, you can schedule an email to be sent at a certain time or send it to be a reoccurring email.  It is really nice if you are working late at night and do not want to send an email  at 2am.  You can have it go at 8am ( during working hours).  Does the Bat! have that ability?  Any other email clients?

Monitoring replies: Thunderbird used to have a number of other add-ons that were extremely useful that have stopped working due to the changes touched on earlier in this thread due to TB development.  There were a family of add-ons that allowed you to monitor replies.  You could set the add-on to monitor IF an email had been replied to. When sending the email you would basically tell the add-on to notify you if they did not reply by  a date of your choosing.   Sucha  simple thing, but you were able to automate a piece of follow-up.  I traditionally set a monitor reply of a week.  If somethig was more pressing, then I would make it shorter.  Does the bat or any other email client have that?

Tuxman:
Scheduling:
https://www.ritlabs.com/en/support/tips_and_tricks.php?ELEMENT_ID=3841

Monitoring: Should be possible with a macro.

Steven Avery:
Just want to say first that I am very pleased that the Eudora/Hermes descriptions worked nicely for some of our posters!

When the information comes forth on the email forums (often in posts by Katrina Knight) it can be hidden and hard to handle. My idea was that Donationcoder was a more visible and helpful all purpose site.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version