ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Eudora, Hermes and Pandora - also compared to TheBat! and other email clients

<< < (10/13) > >>

oblivion:
Reminds me of something I once used TheBat! for... a commitment that was always going to be met in a week but was never actually kept led me to write a polite reminder email that TheBat! sent on my behalf every day at 11am for about 6 months.

FOAAS might have been a useful thing for the recipient. Fortunately, she had no such tool available :D

sphere:
So I did a quick search looking for the differences between Thunderbird and TheBat! and stumbled upon this forrum.  It looks like a major developer was leaving the BAT!Here is the thread from May.

Reminds me of something I once used TheBat! for... a commitment that was always going to be met in a week but was never actually kept led me to write a polite reminder email that TheBat! sent on my behalf every day at 11am for about 6 months.

FOAAS might have been a useful thing for the recipient. Fortunately, she had no such tool available :D
-oblivion (July 03, 2020, 12:32 PM)
--- End quote ---

This got me thinking about that maybe theBat has some of the utility that I have been missing in Thunderbird. 

Scheduling emails: Thunderbird has the ability through an addon to send an email at a prescribed time, you can schedule an email to be sent at a certain time or send it to be a reoccurring email.  It is really nice if you are working late at night and do not want to send an email  at 2am.  You can have it go at 8am ( during working hours).  Does the Bat! have that ability?  Any other email clients?

Monitoring replies: Thunderbird used to have a number of other add-ons that were extremely useful that have stopped working due to the changes touched on earlier in this thread due to TB development.  There were a family of add-ons that allowed you to monitor replies.  You could set the add-on to monitor IF an email had been replied to. When sending the email you would basically tell the add-on to notify you if they did not reply by  a date of your choosing.   Sucha  simple thing, but you were able to automate a piece of follow-up.  I traditionally set a monitor reply of a week.  If somethig was more pressing, then I would make it shorter.  Does the bat or any other email client have that?

Tuxman:
Maxim was not a major developer. AFAIR, he was a mediocre developer - but the CEO.

sphere:
Maxim was not a major developer. AFAIR, he was a mediocre developer - but the CEO.
-Tuxman (July 03, 2020, 02:06 PM)
--- End quote ---
I see. Well that is an interesting development.  My sense is that The Bat! has been around long enough that it is pretty stable. I am mostly interested in how the functionality compares to thunderbird

Tuxman:
It is mightier. :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version