ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Accessing articles from many pdfs

<< < (2/2)

Target:
PDF Keeper (open source) appears to do a lot of indexing

No idea whether or not it fits your use case but maybe worth a look

tsaint:
Thanks Target...that sure looks worth following up!

sphere:
-tsaint (September 06, 2023, 10:17 PM)
--- End quote ---

I would look into zotero. While it is often categorized as a citation manager, it is possible to do alot more with it.    I would looking into its ability to extract pdfs through a plugin and also how people use it in conjunction with other applications, like mind mapping applications. There was an application years ago that was mentioned here (qippa I think) that did some interesting things when analyzing the citations.

rjbull:
-tsaint (September 06, 2023, 10:17 PM)
--- End quote ---
[...]
There was an application years ago that was mentioned here (qippa I think) that did some interesting things when analyzing the citations.-sphere (September 23, 2023, 06:42 PM)
--- End quote ---

Qiqqa, now freeware; a forum search turns up many mentions, e.g.

Qiqqa - Reference Management System - Mini-Review

Re: make scan PDF into text searchable PDF

The main proponent of Qiqqa was the formerly prolific IainB, but he's not been here since February 2023.

tsaint:
Thanks Sphere and RJ ...
tried Zotero,but found even just adding some pdfs wasn't straightforward. I was expecting an "add (import) pdfs to database, then work with them" process.

Qiqqa sounds worth a try - will install and check out the tags and annotations.
The mentions of auto tags puts me off somewhat - I dislike s/ware that knows best what I want. I am assuming though, that I'll be able to turn this off as I don't want to drown in a sea of tags.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version