ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: Convert Radio Frequency scan Data for 3 Manufacturers Data structures

<< < (4/4)

4wd:
Could avoid the GUI altogether and revert to a series of Read-Host prompt/answer inputs plus include the ability to run as a standard command if all parameters are fulfilled on the command line.

Would be the quickest way to make it portable.

W.r.t. filepaths, PowerShell (Core) is pretty agnostic when it comes to using / or \ - either will do, plus it sees multiple occurrences, (eg. ////), as just a single occurrence.

For example, the below are all the same path as far as PoSh (Core) is concerned:
D:\test\data\test.txt
d:test/data/test.txt
d:\\\\\\\\test///////data\\\\test.txt
d:\\\\\\\\test//\\\\data\/\/\/\/test.txt

It makes this aspect of PoSh scripts OS agnostic ... something they got exactly right :Thmbsup:

ewemoa:
Did some testing, though not with Powershell Core.  When launched from a Powershell terminal, the initial dialog wasn't behind any windows, but it didn't have focus.

The generated SENNHEISER ".csv" file I looked at didn't have an extra blank line between the header and the rest of the data.  IIRC, the original script puts a blank line between the header and the data.  Don't know if that makes any difference.

Other than that, it seemed pretty good to me.

Could avoid the GUI altogether and revert to a series of Read-Host prompt/answer inputs plus include the ability to run as a standard command if all parameters are fulfilled on the command line.

Would be the quickest way to make it portable.
-4wd (August 15, 2019, 08:48 AM)
--- End quote ---

I guess there could be a GUI wrapper around this -- in fact, there could be platform-specific wrappers.

W.r.t. filepaths, PowerShell (Core) is pretty agnostic when it comes to using / or \ - either will do, plus it sees multiple occurrences, (eg. ////), as just a single occurrence.

For example, the below are all the same path as far as PoSh (Core) is concerned:
D:\test\data\test.txt
d:test/data/test.txt
d:\\\\\\\\test///////data\\\\test.txt
d:\\\\\\\\test//\\\\data\/\/\/\/test.txt

It makes this aspect of PoSh scripts OS agnostic ... something they got exactly right :Thmbsup:

--- End quote ---

Nice.  I wouldn't be surprised if some cross-platform projects start using Powershell Core scripts instead of maintaining separate .bat and .sh files.  Perhaps some do already, though perhaps Powershell Core isn't yet installed on that many non-Windows systems...

floydlloyd:
Thanks you all.

Although it may seem I have abandoned you I haven't. We are back into a busy time at the Concert Hall already.
I will try to put a bit of time into this each week. but it will be somewhat sporadic it seems.
That single GUI box is fantastic.
Thanks again for even entertaining the idea of helping with this.

Cheers

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version