ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Developer's Corner

Bored Developer's Dilemma: What to code and what to code it in?

<< < (3/3)

superboyac:
Ah - OneNote - I tried that and hated it.  I began using KeyNote and loved it, but developement wasn't enough to make it entirely stable.  I ended up with TreeDBNotes which is totally wonderful, but it needs some fixes and the developer must have died or moved to Mars.  I'm still using that, but wish there was something like it.  If you are really bored, that could solve your OneNote problem!
-BGM (September 11, 2019, 03:12 PM)
--- End quote ---
dude...you are living in the past.  keynote was good in the 90s (sorry tranglos if you are still here, you are still the MAN).  treedbnotes is good for 2005.  lol.

if you like treedbnotes, you should look at rightnote.  rightnote is the best currently for the old school way of doing things.

x16wda:
3. Pick up the program language which will do it in easy and fast coding.
   (For above I have used AutoHotkey, AutoIt3, Harbour, MiniGUI to name a few, and pick which satisfies most)
-anandcoral (December 27, 2018, 05:09 AM)
--- End quote ---

Anand, I am always curious about picking up another toy to write something in, but there are several search hits for MiniGUI, do you mean this one?

Harbour MiniGUI Extended Edition, which informally called MiniGUI, is an environment for developing desktop applications in Windows. It is a combination of two languages:

For back end programming and data handling, Harbour, an open source xBase language which is a superset of Clipper, which is itself a superset of dBase.
For front end GUI, a set of simple commands to the Windows API based on VB RapidQ style.
All GUI objects can be created and managed with very simple code.

The basic components of MiniGUI are:

Harbour (default) or xHarbour compiler (translates source code into C)
MiniGUI library (commands and functions to handle the GUI)
Borland C++ (default), MinGW, Visual C, Open Watcom, or Pelles C compiler
The Harbour MiniGUI IDE may be used for two-way visual design.

In addition to GUI applications, with MiniGUI you can also create console mode and mixed GUI-console applications. From WinXP to Win 10.

Do not confuse Harbour MiniGUI Extended Edition with:

MiniGUI, an open source GUI system for Linux and embedded operating systems that is not related to Harbour MiniGUI
HMG, the parent project of Harbour MiniGUI Extended Edition
ooHG, an object oriented library based on HMG

--- End quote ---

I saw especially that last item about the "do not confuse Harbour MiniGUI Extended Edition with" list.

BGM:
if you like treedbnotes, you should look at rightnote.  rightnote is the best currently for the old school way of doing things.
-superboyac (September 11, 2019, 05:46 PM)
--- End quote ---
I've tried Rightnote, and all kinds of other ones, too.  In fact, I try every one I can find.  I don't use KeyNote anymore.  But I can't find anything I like better than TreeDBNotes.  I wish I could get the code for it myself - then I would make my own fixes to it.

wraith808:
there are NO bluetooth programmable devices. 
-superboyac (September 11, 2019, 12:52 PM)
--- End quote ---

False.  There are several programmable bluetooth keyboards.  I have one that I made, actually.  In this post, it's the bottom right one in the image.  I have to use TMK right now, but would really like to change to QMK.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version