ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

no VLC bookmarks

(1/2) > >>

holt:
I can't get bookmarks to work in VLC. I'm running Windows 10 on a laptop.

ewemoa:
Don't know if this is currently relevant, but FWIW, there is this note:

note: loading bookmarks is broken thru version 1.0.5. The last working version I know of was in the 0.8 series.

--- End quote ---

at:

https://wiki.videolan.org/VLC_HowTo/Save_bookmarks/

May be someone else is more familiar with the current status?

holt:
Don't know if this is currently relevant, but FWIW, there is this note:

note: loading bookmarks is broken thru version 1.0.5. The last working version I know of was in the 0.8 series.

--- End quote ---

at:

https://wiki.videolan.org/VLC_HowTo/Save_bookmarks/

May be someone else is more familiar with the current status?
-ewemoa (July 29, 2019, 04:59 PM)
--- End quote ---
Thank you. Looks like, if I switch to the earlier version, then bookmarks may work, but that will give an older version with known but unpatched virus vulnerabilities. But at least now I know, and if I need it badly enough, I can always consider the earlier version.

edit: re your ^link, quote;
If you wish to save bookmarks this is how it can be done.
Set up the Bookmark list and then save a Playlist. From now on, anytime you open the playlist, VLC will load the bookmarks.
Open the playlist dialog with menu selection View-Playlist. The playlist window has a menu selection Manage that allows opening and saving playlists.
Opening a saved playlist will also load an associated bookmark list as long as the option "Enable parsing of EXTVLCOPT: options" is enabled. To check this setting choose "Settings -> Preferences -> Input / Codecs -> Demuxers -> Playlist".

For my up-to-date VLC version, the above file tree is slightly different; and when I finally found and clicked on 'Demuxers', there was a large drop-down menu, but the 'Playlist' option was not on it.
My only possible work-around -before shutting down VLC or the laptop- is to write it down.
Or come to think of it, do a screenshot.

holt:
Is there a way to flip left and right sides of the video within VLC?

holt:
Does either VLC or MPC-BE have ALC -Automatic Level Control- for Volume?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version