ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Special User Sections > General Review Discussion

Vote for what Review to do Next

<< < (8/9) > >>

cdplayer:
I would like to see a review on Encryption Tools & Disk defraggers (if they have not been done already).

steeladept:
For a variety of reasons, I think that these reviews, while useful would be better resolved in a slightly different way.  Farmsteader has a great idea, but I think it would help to change it one way.  Have a reviewer bring as many tools to the table with a general overview, then have other people take two of them and have a Shootout review comparing one to another.  I only have a few issues with this that maybe someone else could give a suggestion to overcome.

1) How do you ensure each package gets equal (or near equal) review and comparisons with other contenders - not just a feature for feature shootout between the two packages and that is all you ever hear about those two programs.  A corollary to this is to ensure all programs at least get reviewed instead of mentioned and left without comparison.

2) I would think the developer should not do the shootout with their product, but rather comment on other people's shootout review.  I see no reason they can't do a shootout between two competing products they compete with, however.

The merits of this that I see are that no one person has a bias toward a specific product over all the others and it limits the amount of time and effort any one person needs to put toward the project.

mitzevo:
I'd like to see the older reviews updated, most are from 2005/6 and are out dated.. Would be good to see them all fresh and new for 2007/8.. Will be a lot of work, but well worth it.  :Thmbsup:

murgee:
How about a review of the Dual Monitor Software at http://www.murgee.com/MurGeeMon/ ?. The Software can be really a handy tool for anybody who is using dual monitors with a windows computer.

joel2007:
Registry Search/Edit/Clean Tools.
I want to know Revo Uninstaller Pro compare with other free Uninstaller software?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version