ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Best reliable freeware download sites?

<< < (7/8) > >>

Steven Avery:
WindowsRemix:
https://www.windowsremix.com/software
-panzer (September 04, 2019, 06:35 AM)
--- End quote ---
This looks like an alternative to Ninite (and  Chocolatey) for those who are installing on multiple machines.  Slant has a little review of the site, and likes the idea that it is doable simply from the browser.  Oh, this actually uses Chocolatey.

wraith808:
WindowsRemix:
https://www.windowsremix.com/software
-panzer (September 04, 2019, 06:35 AM)
--- End quote ---
This looks like an alternative to Ninite (and  Chocolatey) for those who are installing on multiple machines.  Slant has a little review of the site, and likes the idea that it is doable simply from the browser.  Oh, this actually uses Chocolatey.

-Steven Avery (October 27, 2019, 09:17 AM)
--- End quote ---

I didn't notice this before... pretty cool!  I compared it to running Chocolatey manually, and it appears that it's just a click-once wrapper around the command line commands.

MilesAhead:
Now they just say:

"Down for Maintenance"

-Steven Avery (October 26, 2019, 09:08 AM)
--- End quote ---

:Thmbsup:

Steven Avery:
Snapfiles is back :)

They still are my #1 choice, generally, when not downloading from the programmer/company site.

MilesAhead:
Snapfiles is back :)

They still are my #1 choice, generally, when not downloading from the programmer/company site.
-Steven Avery (October 29, 2019, 10:00 AM)
--- End quote ---

I see now why I did not get the message you did about the hardware failure.  I was clicking a speed dial that went directly to the new rdownloads page, generating a 404 error.  It is easy to forget the fundamentals when using all these shortcuts and gimmicks.  I always liked Snapfiles too.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version