ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: play random wav from a folder at random times

<< < (7/8) > >>

KodeZwerg:
Hi Vic, I just wanted to inform you that
New releases: www.PublicDomainDaily.com
-publicdomain (September 23, 2020, 04:32 PM)
--- End quote ---
link lead to:
403 - Forbidden
You don't have permission to access this resource.

Apache/2.4.29 (Ubuntu) Server at publicdomaindaily.com Port 443
--- End quote ---

publicdomain:
Thank you dear K! You rock :Thmbsup:

Website's up & tracking daily releases now :)

Cheers!
Vic

sphere:
I really like this application.  Very cool!

I am curious how difficult it would be to make this so that it could open other types of files (video, audio, documents) or even from a list of links. I am using this as a reminder to stretch and exercise during the day.  The sound triggers me to refer to a list of stretches/exercises I have as various different files on my PC.   It would be nice for the file to be pulled up from a list of different exercises or stretches I have videos, jpegs of the exercises/stretches I am suppose to do.

Even better if I could track which stretches I have done in a spreadsheet, though that seems like a different program all together.  This is a great help, just wondering how easy it would be to tweak to my use case.     

publicdomain:
I really like this application.  Very cool!

I am curious how difficult it would be to make this so that it could open other types of files (video, audio, documents) or even from a list of links. I am using this as a reminder to stretch and exercise during the day.  The sound triggers me to refer to a list of stretches/exercises I have as various different files on my PC.   It would be nice for the file to be pulled up from a list of different exercises or stretches I have videos, jpegs of the exercises/stretches I am suppose to do.

Even better if I could track which stretches I have done in a spreadsheet, though that seems like a different program all together.  This is a great help, just wondering how easy it would be to tweak to my use case.     
-sphere (April 13, 2022, 02:55 PM)
--- End quote ---

Glad you're liking it!  :)

How about creating that new app to fit your brainstormed requirements?

Most importantly: would you like a specific app for exercises or a generic "run random files" program (with spreadsheet reporting). I'm fine with any one you choose since it's basically the same app :up:

P.S: This Random Sounds app does have an update due albeit not related to expanding it to other file types. i can reasonably code some more apps before next newsletter from our PD project.

sphere:

Glad you're liking it!  :)

How about creating that new app to fit your brainstormed requirements?

Most importantly: would you like a specific app for exercises or a generic "run random files" program (with spreadsheet reporting). I'm fine with any one you choose since it's basically the same app :up:
-publicdomain (April 13, 2022, 04:16 PM)
--- End quote ---

That would be great for me!! I am not sure which would be better.  I believe the "run random files" would be of more use to me and to others because it is more versatile. Like someone else in this thread. I do have alot of random audio and video clips from movies etc that a generic run random file program could bring back to life.  I also think the open random files in the folder could be helpful for going through some old pictures I have and getting descriptions into a spreadsheet.  However, there might be better tool for that task.

I imagine that if it were geared towards exercise it would make sense to have the spreadsheet reporting centered more around the exercises and stretching. So quickly entering how many repetitions were done with some stock answers.  However, if it were a generic run random files with tracking it might be nice to have the ability to enter what stock answers can be selected when reporting.  I need to wrap my head around this.

Whatever it ends up being I think it would be nice if the file name could entered automatically in the spreadsheet.  The nice thing for my use case with the random files for exercise and stretching is that I do not need to spend alot of time filling in some sort of exercise template. I have alot of video clips already, then I have various pdfs and jpgs.  I just drop them in the folder and it will pop up and nudge me eventually

Thanks in advanced   

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version