ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: play random wav from a folder at random times

<< < (6/8) > >>

publicdomain:
Hey @Damocles, @app103! Thanks for the interest in the app.

I'm actually getting up to date with a couple ones from last year (i.e. the multilingual word counter) as soon as they're done, I proceed to clear the odd System32 (new) bug.

For the future, I would only suggest, but only if they are not too much work:
1) trying to mute the audio if the windows sound system is already playing audio (from a video etc.) (code in one of the posts above in this thread).
2) a scheduling option of some sort. (this user interface for scheduling looks interesting: https://softorino.com/volumeconcierge2/)
-jimduggan (January 08, 2020, 07:32 AM)
--- End quote ---

Sure thing. Scheduling is a must and we're going to add it to next Major version.

--Let's clear ALL the bugs first to call this branch complete to feature-freeze as first stable release (version 1.0.0)  :Thmbsup:

Cheers!
Vic

publicdomain:
There seems to be a bug when you have the app set to start with the OS. When you reboot the PC and the app starts, it does indeed start, but it doesn't work. I get an popup error message saying Unhandled Exception has occured, and "Access to the path "C:\Windows\system32\SettingsData.txt" is denied. Even though I don't think it should be putting anything in the windows folder. The app itself is in a folder on the desktop.
-jimduggan (January 08, 2020, 07:32 AM)
--- End quote ---

Gave some coding love to this; there wasn't any file on "C:\Windows\system32\" involved!

Explanation being Windows simply passed the calling shell's environment to the program so current working directory needed to be corrected on autostart.

Please confirm to move forward with audio-playing check + scheduler options :up:

v0.4.2 download: RandomSoundsApp_v0.4.2_Release.zip

Cheers!
Vic

jimduggan:
I can confirm that this does indeed solve the problem with the startup error!
Thank you!

jimduggan:
I would like to mention one small bug I found.

Let's say that I have to audio to play every 10 minutes.
The audio plays at 3.10pm.
I close my laptop lid at 3.12pm.
The laptop sleeps/suspends.
I open my laptop at 6.48pm.
As soon as the laptop wakes, the audio plays (this is the bug).
The audio also plays at 6.50pm (this is what it should do).

So it seems that when the computer is asleep, it 'builds up' one audio event, which plays as soon as the computer wakes up again.

publicdomain:
So it seems that when the computer is asleep, it 'builds up' one audio event, which plays as soon as the computer wakes up again.
-jimduggan
--- End quote ---

Roger that Jim! Working on it :Thmbsup:

I'm coming back online with a daily release schedule.

Vic

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version