ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: play random wav from a folder at random times

<< < (2/8) > >>

publicdomain:
Or is anyone else perhaps interested in this project?
-jimduggan (August 06, 2019, 05:40 AM)
--- End quote ---

I'm taking it! :Thmbsup:

Source code @ https://github.com/publicdomain/randomsoundsapp

Release to be announced in a reply here as soon as it's complete.

Cheers!
Vic

jimduggan:
 :up: Wow! Thank you so much Vic! I can't wait to try this out!

Do you think it could use a [Cancel][Apply][OK] button set at the bottom?
After I drew the mockup, I realised I had not included one.

publicdomain:
:up: Wow! Thank you so much Vic! I can't wait to try this out!-jimduggan (September 14, 2019, 11:15 AM)
--- End quote ---

My pleasure Jim  :)

The program is finished. I'm making initial release in next reply.

Do you think it could use a [Cancel][Apply][OK] button set at the bottom?
After I drew the mockup, I realised I had not included one.-jimduggan (September 14, 2019, 11:15 AM)
--- End quote ---

Given the way it's coded you may not need the extra buttons: it auto-enables timers on settings' selection and clears all sound players when clicking off :Thmbsup:

Let's give a shot @ this version (no problem if you need to add something else after your review)

Cheers!
Vic

publicdomain:
Random Sounds App v0.1.0

Release info + download.

Enjoy! :Thmbsup:
Vic

jimduggan:
Hello Vic!

I've been testing this and am super impressed. You did a fantastic job, and I want to sincerely thank you!

I have some suggestions for any future revisions:

1) There is no need for a 'sizer' in the corner, because the form doesn't resize it's contents, and I don't think it even should.

2) When you start the app, it is in the OFF state, with the OFF radio button selected. If you then click the ON radio button, one of the settings radio buttons below it should be automatically selected too. At the moment, when you click the ON radio button, none of the settings below are selected by default, so it's not actually ON. For example:

3) Definitely my fault for not being clear in my language. I think one of the uses of this program is to play a small beep every hour (or every 15 minutes, or half an hour etc.) like those old Casio watches, so you can be conscious of the passing of time. Currently, if you select the first option to "play sound exactly every 15 minutes" for example, it does so every 15 minutes *from the time the app was turned on*.

Ideally, it should play it every 15 minutes *from the hour*! So for example, if I start the app at 3.07pm, it should play at 3.15pm, then at 3.30pm, then at 3.45pm etc.

So I think you can leave the current option as it is, but it would be better to change the language to explain that the sound will be played *from now*. And if possible, add another option that will play the sound from the hour. Here's a mockup of what it could look like:

Please let me know if that doesn't make much sense!

Once again, I thank you for your work on this. It's really excellent, and I'm using it now! Thank you!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version