topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 5:01 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Kodak AIO Printer  (Read 2710 times)

nickodemos

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Kodak AIO Printer
« on: July 05, 2019, 02:57 PM »
I have spent hours trying to track down how to get the software installed on a Windows 10 machine. Anyone here have any luck in doing so?

WIN10 installs something so that I can read the card that's installed and print but I can't install the AIO software driver so that I can access the scanner from the computer.

Shades

• Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Kodak AIO Printer
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2019, 08:52 PM »
If the AIO device follows the standards, Windows should be able to communicate with the scanner part of the printer through WIA (Windows Image Acquisition). I use always the Irfanview application to detect the scanner section from our (HP AIO) device. It pops up, I select it and then use the (Batch) scanning functionality from Irfanview to make the scans.

Till now that worked well enough for the (very) occasional use I have regarding scanning. Your mileage may...nay will vary. Especially if you need special features that are built-into the scanner section of your device. 

tomos

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Kodak AIO Printer
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2019, 06:23 AM »
Older printer?
I've had success with Vuescan software using a scanner which had no Windows 7 driver. Does cost.
Tom