ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Coding Snacks

change f.lux brightness mouse remote (like VolumeĀ²)

<< < (2/3) > >>

skwire:
I have AutoHotkey installed, but couldn't get your code to work. No idea why... :(
-brotherS (July 03, 2019, 05:32 AM)
--- End quote ---

Did you save out the code to a something.ahk file and then run it?

brotherS:
Did you save out the code to a something.ahk file and then run it?-skwire (July 03, 2019, 08:56 AM)
--- End quote ---
Duh! Of course I did forget to try the simplest approach... ;)

But it still doesn't work.

A logical question:

If I fill
"If ( ( A_ScreenWidth - myX ) <= myEdgePixels )"
with probable values for the left side of the screen:
If ( ( 1920 - 10 ) <= 10 )

doesn't that mean that that line will never be able to trigger the following "If ..."?

I changed it to
"If ( myX <= myEdgePixels )"
and that does trigger the following "If ...".

(15 minutes later)

I also adjusted the Up vs. PgUp (Down vs. PgDn) confusion and added CoordMode so the script would not be triggered on the left border of any window that's smaller than fullscreen size:

--- Code: Autohotkey ---CoordMode, Mouse, ScreenmyEdgePixels := 10 ~WheelUp::~WheelDown::{    MouseGetPos, myX    If ( myX <= myEdgePixels )    {        If ( A_ThisHotkey = "~WheelUp" )        {            SendInput, !{PgUp} ; Send Alt+PgUp.        }        If ( A_ThisHotkey = "~WheelDown" )        {            SendInput, !{PgDn} ; Send Alt+PgDown.        }    }}Return
It works almost perfectly now, just one issue remains: can I 'mute' the wheel output so that when it successfully sends a command to f.lux, it will not also scroll the browser window up or down or change the volume in the media player?

brotherS:
It works almost perfectly now, just one issue remains: can I 'mute' the wheel output so that when it successfully sends a command to f.lux, it will not also scroll the browser window up or down or change the volume in the media player?
-brotherS (July 03, 2019, 11:59 AM)
--- End quote ---
skwire? :)

IainB:
That's quite a nifty workaround.
As to:
...It works almost perfectly now, just one issue remains: can I 'mute' the wheel output so that when it successfully sends a command to f.lux, it will not also scroll the browser window up or down or change the volume in the media player?
-brotherS (July 03, 2019, 11:59 AM)
--- End quote ---
- I would be interested to see how that unintended consequence might be addressed.

As to:
Btw, does anyone know how to change the time of when F.lux switches between daytime and nighttime mode? I search on that site but no anser. Thanks!
-Akertyna (July 03, 2019, 03:51 AM)
--- End quote ---
- I'm not sure whether there is in fact any way to control that, as f.lux seems to automatically take it's day/night switch trigger from calculating where it is on the diurnal/nocturnal cycle depicted in its little chart, which is based on the local timezone. You could try to fudge it by forcing it to a different timezone, I suppose, but that might not seem a very satisfactory approach.

Lintalist:
Btw, does anyone know how to change the time of when F.lux switches between daytime and nighttime mode? I search on that site but no anser. Thanks!-Akertyna (July 03, 2019, 03:51 AM)
--- End quote ---
Perhaps this program might be of interest as it has lots of manual and automatic options incl timers to change various settings. Quite a learning curve no doubt but perhaps worth the effort. Per monitor (if I'm not mistaken) and freeware and portable :)

clickmonitorddc @ https://clickmonitorddc.bplaced.net/

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version