ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Coding Snacks

change f.lux brightness mouse remote (like Volume²)

(1/3) > >>

brotherS:
Hello,

I'm using f.lux, which allows you to change the screen brightness with Alt+PgDown/PgUp. I'd like a 'remote' so that I can do those changes by moving the mouse cursor to the left side of the screen and use the mouse scroll wheel (down/up).

I'm using Volume² (http://irzyxa.blogspot.com/p/downloads.html) to change the system volume in that way on the right side of the screen and really like that feature, the same for screen brightness would be great!

skwire:
Do you have AutoHotkey installed?  If so, try out this simple script:

--- Code: Autohotkey ---myEdgePixels := 10 ~WheelUp::~WheelDown::{    MouseGetPos, myX    If ( ( A_ScreenWidth - myX ) <= myEdgePixels )    {        If ( A_ThisHotkey = "~WheelUp" )        {            SendInput, !{Up} ; Send Alt+Up.        }        If ( A_ThisHotkey = "~WheelDown" )        {            SendInput, !{Down} ; Send Alt+Down.        }    }}Return
If you don't have AutoHotkey installed, let me know, and I'll compile this into an executable.  Also, I don't have f.lux installed, so this is untested.

Akertyna:
I know F.lux thanks to Techgara and it is quite fortunate to see someone mentioning it here. Btw, does anyone know how to change the time of when F.lux switches between daytime and nighttime mode? I search on that site but no anser. Thanks!

brotherS:
Do you have AutoHotkey installed?  If so, try out this simple script:
[...]
If you don't have AutoHotkey installed, let me know, and I'll compile this into an executable.  Also, I don't have f.lux installed, so this is untested.
-skwire (July 02, 2019, 07:04 PM)
--- End quote ---
I have AutoHotkey installed, but couldn't get your code to work. No idea why... :(

An executable would be welcome!

brotherS:
I know F.lux thanks to Techgara and it is quite fortunate to see someone mentioning it here. Btw, does anyone know how to change the time of when F.lux switches between daytime and nighttime mode? I search on that site but no anser. Thanks!
-Akertyna (July 03, 2019, 03:51 AM)
--- End quote ---
You set your physical location and your "earliest wake time", and based on that f.lux does its thing. :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version