ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

grabby mouse pad

<< < (3/3)

Shades:
Personally, I have had excellent experiences headphones from the brand Sennheiser. But those are hard to get here, and that was years ago. Sony's mid-tier or better headphones are good too.

For myself, I would get a model goes over the ears, not on or in your ears. It's a comfort thing, especially when you plan to wear them for longer periods in the confinements of your home. Noise-canceling is also a 'nice to have'. And if you treat it well, it will last you a long time, so some extra costs are acceptable.

From the brands, easily available here in Paraguay, Kolke is a generic brand with all kinds of peripherals in their assortment, including some very decent headphones. I am listening to music with this one right now. For the 30 USD I paid for it, it sounds amazing. Although it has quite some features, I really only use it connected by a 3.5 inch jack to my computer. It also has BT, a slot for a memory card (with music) and a FM radio built-in. But I wasn't at all interested in those features, I tried it in the store and was sold immediately.

But, as always, your mileage may vary.

wraith808:
Personally, I have had excellent experiences headphones from the brand Sennheiser. But those are hard to get here, and that was years ago. Sony's mid-tier or better headphones are good too.
-Shades (June 10, 2019, 08:49 PM)
--- End quote ---

That is the brand that I'm currently using, and they're readily available on Amazon.

Shades:
While that is certainly true, it is abit of a problem getting anything through customs here in PY. Last time I bought a Yamaha soundbar for under the TV. A simple one, costing 130 USD on Amazon. Shipping it to PY requires a 3rd party and they slapped 25 USD on it to get it into PY customs (4 week after purchase, I must add). Then PY customs took a week to process the parcel and slapped a 100 USD on top of all this. No joke, PY customs must be  one of the most corrupt bunch of a..holes there is.

They define that charge on what they think it is worth. You can show them the bill, but that doesn't matter one iota. You sure hope no-one in the family of the custom personnel that checks your parcel is sick, or in need of a new school uniform, go to the dentist, has a problem with his/her car etc. Which is why there is only little import going on in Paraguay. It is way too expensive and very slow. Buying physical goods from anywhere outside PY, it is ill advised.

While buying stuff and importing it into the country where you live, will probably slow and costly as well. But not nearly as bad as it is here. Companies like Amazon/NewEgg/Ebay work great when you live in the US. I understand that it is now very common in the US to order practically anything on-line. Combine that with free shipping and you quickly develop a distorted view of how things work when you venture out of the border of the US. Western Europe isn't too different, but it goes downhill fast, even when residing in a 2nd world country, let alone a 3rd world country.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version