ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

FARR automatically pops up on Windows 10 [solved]

<< < (2/3) > >>

SaschaM:
I'll definitely check this tomorrow when I'm back in the office. I kind of suspect our IT to have installed some software messing up FARR but we'll see about that. Will keep you posted and thanks for the feedback!

mouser:
Look for a utility -- could be a graphics driver helper utility -- that is designed to move windows back on screen when they are off the boundaries of the screen.  There are a few programs and graphics driver utilities that have the option to do this.

SaschaM:
Just checked your recommendations:

- when the external monitors are connected, FARR will pop up after logging in again
- when the external monitors are not connected, no window will pop up

So I think it has to be connected to the two different graphic adapters, one being the Intel HD graphics, the other is a Nvidia Quadro that is being used fornal monitors. I am just updating the drivers and will check if I can tell the PC to always use the internal graphics card to run FARR. Perhaps that'll fix things.

mouser:
Another solution would be to change the setting of FARR so that instead of popping up on the "current" monitor, it always popped up in same place, and have it pop up on the internal monitor; then it might not confuse the graphics driver/utility into thinking it was off screen when it wakes up from boot.

SaschaM:
Thanks again for the continuous support! After the lunch break I booted into BIOS and changed my graphics card settings to use "Hybrid" rather than "Discrete graphics". I then configured Nvidia drivers to always use the Nvidia card in combination with FARR. Now it no longer pops up when locking up and logging in again.

I also tried your recommendation but this still shows FARR after the above lock/log in.

Thanks anyway, my problem is now solved :-). Have a great weekend!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version