ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Whats on your desktop?

<< < (24/40) > >>

tinjaw:
I finally go around to putting two video cards in my box. I had pulled the old one out when I put the new one in, but just recently realized I could have just left it in there. So just last weekend I put it back in. I currently have three monitors connected and the fourth will be connected as soon as I get around to physically moving it over and connecting it. how do I use them? pretty much like Ralf.

In no particular order...

1) Documentation / Reference Materials
2) communications -- email, IM, IRC, etc
3&4) IDE and tools plus the application I am working on itself while debugging.

I'll be 5120x1024 as well.

icekin:

What did the cat die of? Curiosity!
I was number 21 to try to check out the >>size: 0 KB<< picture file...   :-[

- or was icekin really that smart: "plain and simple" = blank  ??   :-\
-Curt (October 08, 2007, 09:46 AM)
--- End quote ---

I should really read replies to my posts more often  :-\ But you wouldn't be too far from the truth. I always used to have a plain black desktop. Its only very recently that I have started using wallpapers, and even then I typically go for minimalistic ones that avoid excessive colors and gradients.

Lashiec:
Well, the number of clicks were worthful. That wallpaper is very funny ;D

Hmmm, interesting site the one of yours, Dirhael. Particularly the NSFW section... :D (love your avatar there hehe)

Ralf Maximus:
Why is it, Ralf, that you insist on playing Eve to my Adam? My wife, whose alter-ego in this little analogy I'll leave to your imagination, will go ballisitic and cast me from the family home if I go out and buy a secondary (Note: not a tertiary or quaternary, but a lowly SECONDARY) monitor. Yet there you are, with your four monitor setup, parading it in front of me, saying "Go on. You know you want to".
-Darwin (October 28, 2007, 03:47 PM)
--- End quote ---

Hey, Christmas is coming and TigerDirect is having a sale:
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=2841998&Sku=V18-1794

Tell your wife I said it's okay.  :-)

Curt:
@Curt: Hehe, what can I say... I like pretty things ...(...)... if you'd like to see if there's something you'd like there, the url is: http://gallery.thesecondscreen.com/ -Dirhael (October 28, 2007, 09:14 AM)
--- End quote ---

I have no idea what / who Penny-Arcadians is / are, but now I am a member!

- never the less I am not able to view any full sized pictures!???
>
The image cannot be displayed, because it contains errors. -Firefox
--- End quote ---
The program cannot display this page-Internet Explorwer 7
--- End quote ---

The Second Screen sure have some nice wall papers,  :-*
but to me they have so far been thumb nails only.

The large "Gallery" link at the top of the page wasn't obvious enough? -Dirhael (October 28, 2007, 12:06 PM)
--- End quote ---

- I found the gallery, but no full sized pictures. What am I missing?

I had no problems viewing your screenshots in "Guide: Visual Styles".

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version