ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Whats on your desktop?

<< < (20/40) > >>

app103:
How do you remember what all those icons are?
-Carol Haynes (October 04, 2007, 07:36 AM)
--- End quote ---

I might not remember what something is called, or maybe even what the icon looks like, but if I can remember what it does I can easily find it.

Each row you see is for a specific type of software. Frequently used ones are on the line that shows, with the ones I use the most usually on the ends to make it easier to find them.

So, on my text tools row, since notepad2 is the one I use most, it's first....and Windows Live Writer is last, since I use that a lot too. The ones I don't use that often are on the second row which you don't see unless I either pull it down to expand it or click the little bar to see the rest on a menu.

And the top bar on the right side has ALWAYS been devoted to drive shortcuts, with the icons hinting at what is stored on them.

I get confused enough with the ones in my system tray (currently 31 - yes I know I should get rid of about 25 of them)!
-Carol Haynes (October 04, 2007, 07:36 AM)
--- End quote ---

I actually have a txt file with a list of all the tray icons that are supposed to be there (45), in order, just so I can tell if any are missing.  :-[

Carol Haynes:
Some people can be too organised you know  :-[

Actually I would have a problem with your approach - sometimes Windows randomly decides to reorganise my Quick Launch bar so that things go into alphabetical order. I really don't know why it does that. With one bar it is quick enough to organise it back the way I want but if that happened to your system ....

icekin:
Here's mine. Plain and simple.

Curt:
Here's mine. Plain and simple. (see attachment in previous post)
-icekin (October 07, 2007, 04:10 PM)
--- End quote ---

What did the cat die of? Curiosity!
I was number 21 to try to check out the >>size: 0 KB<< picture file...   :-[

- or was icekin really that smart: "plain and simple" = blank  ??   :-\

wreckedcarzz:

What did the cat die of? Curiosity!
I was number 21 to try to check out the >>size: 0 KB<< picture file...   :-[

- or was icekin really that smart: "plain and simple" = blank  ??   :-\
-Curt (October 08, 2007, 09:46 AM)
--- End quote ---

I was #25 to open it, although I noted the 0kb size first.
Thats how you make it plain, all right ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version