ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Whats on your desktop?

<< < (19/40) > >>

app103:
nice desktop all right App :)
maybe you should autohide your todo list as well though !!
(for peace of mind of course)

do those widgets come looking that good or is that a theme -
couldnt be your win theme cause youre using windows classic  :-\

so where does one get such nice clocks & temperature readings etc  :)
I mean i know they're yahoo but there's thousands of them out there....
(i searched for cpu clock but couldnt see those ones)
-tomos (October 04, 2007, 01:18 AM)
--- End quote ---

That are naturally that good looking. (although I may have tweaked color, size, transparency a bit)

On the left, from top to bottom:

iStat CPU
iStat Memory
(they have other similar style widgets too, and some for Vista sidebar)

SpeedFan Widget needs SpeedFan installed (I have the older v5, I like the look much better than v6)
Yahoo Notepad

On the right:
Yahoo Calendar
Werewolf Monitor
Yahoo Day Planner

WAH - they are SERIOUSLY SCARY toolbars - no wonder you hide them!
-Carol Haynes (October 04, 2007, 03:53 AM)
--- End quote ---

While other people like things like FARR and Launchy, I prefer doing it this way.

I have had a giant hidden taskbar on the right side of my screen for as long as I have used Windows. I inherited my first pc set up that way and would go insane if it were any other way. It is the first change I make when installing a fresh copy of Windows on a PC.

I don't have a pic of the old P1 with the way it looked with Win98. This is the oldest I have, from about 2002 on my P3 with WinME:
Whats on your desktop?

This is from a series of screenshots I made with various toolbars expanded, so in case I had to reinstall the OS I could restore the exact position of every icon. (yup, I am a digital packrat that saves everything, including backups from a dead pc I don't even have any more)

Lashiec:
Werewolf Monitor
-app103 (October 04, 2007, 07:01 AM)
--- End quote ---

Hmmm, now we know why the last meeting was cancelled... you didn't want to scare your guests! ;D. And another interesting widget :P

Carol Haynes:
While other people like things like FARR and Launchy, I prefer doing it this way.

--- End quote ---

How do you remember what all those icons are? I get confused enough with the ones in my system tray (currently 31 - yes I know I should get rid of about 25 of them)!

Darwin:
App - your quick launch bars have always scared me - and continue to do so! Like Carol, I can't imagine remembering what all the icons are pointing to. To each his or her own though... Thanks for show us your desktop and thanks for the screencaps of your set up in the past - sort of cool seeing how it's evolved over time.

My XP notebook is running the Classic theme (with themes service disabled) so features a blue background and exactly one icon in the lower right of the screen: the recycle bin. Pretty boring. Sometimes I wonder why I bother doing this - what else is the desktop for but to provide quick links to oft used programs? I think I'm compensating electronically for the chaos in my (physical) office!

Nighted:
EHEHEHEHEHEHE

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version