ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Whats on your desktop?

<< < (15/40) > >>

jgpaiva:
I use Dialog Move and is happy with it. No need to be a shame  :up: - the only problem I have found is that some info windows which really shouldn't move, also are moving.
-Curt (October 01, 2007, 01:55 PM)
--- End quote ---
I'm glad you like it, curt!
If you find any window that shouldn't have been moved, just press F11, and it won't be moved next time ;)

steeladept:
Here's a solution:
<shaaaaameless plug>
Use DialogMove, which moves the new dialogs that come up to your mouse position ;)
</shameless plug>
-jgpaiva (October 01, 2007, 01:47 PM)
--- End quote ---

What I don't get is why a shameless plug for DialogMove, and not for GridMove.  Wouldn't that work well for something like that too, or do I not understand well what it does?  I don't have a two monitor setup, so I can't try these fancy different things.

jgpaiva:
What I don't get is why a shameless plug for DialogMove, and not for GridMove. 
-steeladept (October 01, 2007, 03:37 PM)
--- End quote ---
EhEh... You're right, a shameless plug for gridmove would also be suitable :)
The difference is that with dialogmove, the used doesn't have to do a thing, the program moves the window automagically, whereas with gridmove you have to press a hotkey for the window to move. Also, DialogMove doesn't resize the window, while gridmove does.
Still, thanks for the publicity :D

Curt:
...  I don't have a two monitor setup, so I can't try these fancy different things.-steeladept (October 01, 2007, 03:37 PM)
--- End quote ---

FYI: DialogMove is not one of those fancy things,
it is very suitable for any single monitor as well.

Tekzel:
I see, tekzel!
What i don't understand, tekzel, is what are the advantages of using the "span" mode.
-jgpaiva (October 01, 2007, 01:47 PM)
--- End quote ---

Well, after having spent a few days with it, I have decided the advantages don't really outweigh the disadvantages.  The main one, is aesthetic... having a single desktop wallpaper that covers both monitors seamlessly.  You could site having a longer task bar, thus allowing more app icons, but if that is an issue you could just increase the height of it.

The disadvantages for me though, are numerous.  I didn't like dialog placement, on DualView setups dialogs pop in the center of the active or primary screen, not split between them.  I decided I prefer my task bar to be on on monitor only, not spanned across both.  Well, I guess that is mostly it.  Anyway, I am back to DualView now, and will stay with that config.  Here is an updated image of my desktop with my new skin I really dig: (click image for full size view)

Whats on your desktop?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version