ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > The Getting Organized Experiment of 2006

What is the Great DonationCoder.com GTD Experiment of 2006?

<< < (17/19) > >>

nudone:
well said, mouser.

patteo:
I'm in.  I purchased MLO with DC's discount, with an eye to applying a GTD approach but, after a good start, I got distracted and fell off the wagon.  :-[  Thanks for offering a great way for me to take another run at it. :up:
-david.intp (August 18, 2006, 02:03 PM)
--- End quote ---

Me too. I have had David Allen's book for a couple of years now. I'm struggling to restart and perhaps this experiment with give me a jumpstart.

Just a side note on MLO discount. Since we are talking of this experiment, it would be great if Mouser and/or Superboyac (credit for introducing MLO goes to him) can get the author to extend the discount again to donationcoders.

Also the since the discount expired before MLO PocketPC version was launched, although he does offer the MLO PPC version for $18 instead of $29.95 if you bought the MLO professional.

It would be nice if he can extend the discount for those who would like to get going for this experiment, and off course even a discount from the $18 for those who bought MLO Professional and have yet to buy the PPC version.

Personally I think if you use MLO Professional, you will eventually need the MLO PPC version so that you can update on the go.

Why did I fall off the MLO (GTD) chair ? I think one of the key reasons was that yes, you can prioritize Tasks with MLO with the in-built computed score priority method, but unfortunately (at least to me), you cannot see if based on the importance and priority of a task, there was no visual feedback in the Outline tab whether the task would appear in the To-Do tab that shows your so-called Next Action. I mean, if I thought that submitting my Tax Return next week was important and urgent, it certainly should appear as my Next Action, and hence there should be a quick visual feedback that it would indeed appear.

That left we with a nagging fear that something that I expected to be in the To-Do tab would not be there and I would miss it especially if it was critical.

I thought that this detracted from David Allen's dump from your brain principle.

I wrote to the MLO forum but I don't remember a response from the author.

Maybe another MLO user here can give me a solution to this.

Perhaps, this is probably due to my lack of understanding of how the whole system works and maybe through this experiment, I will gain a much deeper insight.

Having said that, I still think MLO (www.mylifeorganized.net) is probably the closest one can get to a software that follows closely the principle behind GTD, that also includes a version for the PocketPC.

nudone:
i think/hope that urlwolf will be making a post soon about 'ToDoList' http://www.codeproject.com/tools/ToDoList2.asp and the way it might be customised to fit in with what we are doing here. when he does i am expecting that we will not really need MLO.

patteo:
Hmm,

I wonder if it has something that can be used on PocketPC to cater to those on the go.

urlwolf:
Ok, guys, here is my review of toDoList:
https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=5057.msg35213#msg35213

Note the naming crash of this application and our very own app's tool also reviewed here at donation coder.

Sorry about the crosspost :).

Just so you know, we (Nudone, Mouser and me) have been considering the posibility of 'standarizing' the data collection and scoring as a plugin for this program. It's kind of a big issue to ask people to use the same program, but it would mean a lot of integration and simplicity for the people involved in the organization of the experiment.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version