ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

grabby mouse pad

<< < (2/3) > >>

Shades:
Good wireless mouses can become expensive quickly. Logitech has a very good new model, which reacts excellently (practically as good as a wired decent gaming mouse) and has excellent battery-life. But at more than 150 USD it sure has to be.

If (cheaper) wireless mouses are just as good as their keyboard counterparts, you will be hating them more quickly than you would think.

Perhaps a small explanation is in order: It is hard to get off-the-shelf English layout keyboards here in Paraguay. So imagine my happiness when I did find one, a wireless one with 84-key layout. It was almost 50 USD, the keys feel good to the touch, the device as a whole feels solid and it doesn't consume much battery. But I also needed to add bluetooth functionality to my desktop, so I had to spend almost 45 USD on a bluetooth dongle as well. Sounds all reasonably ok, right?

I hate that wireless keyboard! For some reason it turns itself into battery save mode or something like that. It just gets unresponsive at random intervals. Even bought another, even more expensive, bluetooth dongle to see if that made a difference, but alas. This whole wireless keyboard thingie set me back close to 150 USD and I still need to continue working with a Logitech (wired) keyboard that has a Spanish layout. And I seriously dislike any keyboard that does not have a US layout.

The cheap bluetooth devices are mostly promise, but more often than not fail to deliver and then you'll regret the purchase quickly. Bluetooth is in my experience a very poor substitute for anything wired, be it keyboards, mouses or audio. The slowness in pairing bluetooth devices is just adding insult to injury, in my opinion.

holt:
Good wireless mouses can become expensive quickly. Logitech has a very good new model, which reacts excellently (practically as good as a wired decent gaming mouse) and has excellent battery-life. But at more than 150 USD it sure has to be.

If (cheaper) wireless mouses are just as good as their keyboard counterparts, you will be hating them more quickly than you would think.

Perhaps a small explanation is in order: It is hard to get off-the-shelf English layout keyboards here in Paraguay. So imagine my happiness when I did find one, a wireless one with 84-key layout. It was almost 50 USD, the keys feel good to the touch, the device as a whole feels solid and it doesn't consume much battery. But I also needed to add bluetooth functionality to my desktop, so I had to spend almost 45 USD on a bluetooth dongle as well. Sounds all reasonably ok, right?

I hate that wireless keyboard! For some reason it turns itself into battery save mode or something like that. It just gets unresponsive at random intervals. Even bought another, even more expensive, bluetooth dongle to see if that made a difference, but alas. This whole wireless keyboard thingie set me back close to 150 USD and I still need to continue working with a Logitech (wired) keyboard that has a Spanish layout. And I seriously dislike any keyboard that does not have a US layout.

The cheap bluetooth devices are mostly promise, but more often than not fail to deliver and then you'll regret the purchase quickly. Bluetooth is in my experience a very poor substitute for anything wired, be it keyboards, mouses or audio. The slowness in pairing bluetooth devices is just adding insult to injury, in my opinion.
-Shades (May 26, 2019, 04:52 PM)
--- End quote ---
I see what you mean. I've had bad experiences with Logitech; too flimsy, and way too much unnecessary PUP type programming that is near impossible to clean uninstall. I've had one go permanently bonkers after dropping it a mere handspan onto thick carpeting. Never tried bluetooth; prices scared me off, so thanks for the headsup.  :Thmbsup:

I think if I added an extra-short USB cable to the mouse cable, between the laptop port and mouse cable, it could pop apart at any angle more easily and help prevent damage. Here is a one foot (one-third meter) cable; shorter would be even better if anyone can send a link.

holt:
Which wireless headphone would you choose? It would need to have a USB connector for use with a laptop. Also to charge faster and have longer battery playback time.

wraith808:
You mean from the ones at your link?  Or just in general (just trying to relate the link to the question)

holt:
You mean from the ones at your link?  Or just in general (just trying to relate the link to the question)
-wraith808 (June 10, 2019, 06:33 PM)
--- End quote ---
I guess I kind of really meant just in general, with no more than a $50 limit. I'm not really keen on Logitech though; way too much PUP over-programming, difficult to clean uninstall (especially if all I want is to reinstall clean), and so flimsy I actually killed a mouse by dropping it only one foot onto padded carpet.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version