ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Software for Managing the Production of a Magazine

<< < (2/4) > >>

Shades:
Online-only solution that is intended for teams to collaborate together for a monthly fee. There are a dime a dozen of such solutions. Not even sure it covers the request from the OP.

KanBan (Google search) is similar to Trello and might be of use. To test KanBan I would suggest to test it for a bit with a portable Windows application for it. However, I see that it is not available anymore and the wayback archive also has no download available either.

Think I still have it in my own portableapps repository. Let me know if the tool interests you or not.

wraith808:
Anyone else catch a whiff of canned pork-product here?
-Deozaan (May 13, 2019, 10:47 AM)
--- End quote ---

Maybe.  Not sure considering other factors.

tomos:
You need to know (I quote the first three)

* what should be in future issues
* who is doing what article
* what needs to be done
* when it needs to be done by#1 would include knowing how much space need to be filled yet.

I haven't really used Trello:
presumably one be would make a new 'Trello' for each issue of the magazine.
You wouldn't be able to interconnect some of the info though (?) e.g. which articles is Mr.Jones writing etc.

Would some sort of an Information Manager not be better, where you can interconnect all this info. Would initially be more work, but probably a time-saver in the long run.
My IM is InfoQube (IQ), but there are probably many others that could manage this info. (IQ is not freeware but is still in beta so available free for the moment. I dont know if there are good freeware/O.S. options in this direction (?))

BGM:
I do have Office365 Planner, which is their version of trello and looks similar.  It's a bit simplistic, though.  I don't want a subject board for each part of the magazine, and I don't want a hundred boards when I try to plan ahead for the next one.  Maybe a sharepoint list would work better.  Still, it seems complicated. 

I'm not sure what canned pork has to do with anything.

Wraith, - that Notion software looks interesting, but I don't want to purchase anything else, and don't want to fight with limitations.  Maybe I'll try and use a sharepoint group that comes with it's own lists and conversations or something.

Here are some links that compare Trello to MS Planner:
https://www.computerworld.com/article/3244466/microsoft-planner-a-trello-rival-benefits-from-office-365-integration.html
https://www.getapp.com/project-management-planning-software/a/trello/compare/microsoft-office-365/

Deozaan:
I'm not sure what canned pork has to do with anything.
-BGM (May 13, 2019, 09:37 PM)
--- End quote ---

Sorry. That was my subtle way of hinting that I felt that Swift_Man's response could be spam.

EDIT: In the end I was proven right. That user started posting spam links in their later posts.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version