ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Software for Managing the Production of a Magazine

<< < (3/4) > >>

sphere:
I know this post is from a while ago, but I am curious what you ended up going with. 

I did a quick search for open source magazine software, but it seems that the ones that might exist are buried under the open source magazines  :)

Thinking outside the box, wordpress has a multitude of addons to help coordinate blogs with multiple writers. Many of them are free.  They are all about work flow, meeting deadlines and curating ideas for the future.  You could either selfhost or signup for a free wordpress site. Make the site private and then even use it as a platform for writers to share drafts and contribute to each other's stories and sign up for stories on the docket for the future. 

tomos:
I see in another thread you're looking for something to be coded for this.
You never responded to the suggestion I made above: Why not an information manager (pretty much any one) ?

You do ask for free:
I havent used ToDoList in a long time, but it's an impressive piece of software, and free.
http://abstractspoon.com/

Dormouse:
You do ask for free:
I havent used ToDoList in a long time, but it's an impressive piece of software, and free.
http://abstractspoon.com/-tomos (November 08, 2019, 04:23 PM)
--- End quote ---

I think TDL can do it. Came into my mind as I was reading.
I'm sure Trello can do it too.

e.g. which articles is Mr.Jones writing etc.-tomos (May 13, 2019, 04:38 PM)
--- End quote ---

Simply assign the task to Mr Jones.

The problem I see with TDL is that the interface can be overwhelming to the unfamiliar.
And there's almost the inverse problem with Trello - it looks very simple but is capable of very sophisticated usage.
In both cases, the user needs to put in a lot of time getting on top of them. Good solutions for people who know them inside out; not necessarily so much to new users.

Given 365, my own question would be why not use OneNote? Can be set up to cover all needs (and others). Free. And presumably already familiar.

But my personal choice, if I had the need, would be TDL. Ticks all the required boxes quite straightforwardly.

Dormouse:
Trello's real life example of The Telegraph

wraith808:
Trello's real life example of The Telegraph
-Dormouse (November 13, 2019, 10:47 AM)
--- End quote ---

Great article... thanks!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version