ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Mozilla shoots itself in foot

<< < (3/6) > >>

IainB:
...Farewell, Mozilla. This was one middle finger too much for me.
-Tuxman (May 05, 2019, 07:08 PM)
--- End quote ---

That echoes my sentiments too, except my patience with Mozilla wore out quite a long time back.
Judging by its results, they seem to have a bunch of monkeys running that outfit now.

wraith808:
All you whiners. Just do it and keep it to yourself. No one really cares.

For instance no one cares that I am sticking with FF.
-nickodemos (May 05, 2019, 07:33 PM)
--- End quote ---

Isn't that the purpose of a forum?  :huh: :-\

Shades:
As the loss of RSS was the final straw for me, I only used FF as a secondary browser, in case Opera would fail on me. Chrome doesn't suit me, so not much else left than Opera. That was the plan at least.

While I do like the feature set from Opera, FF fits my workflow just better, even if it is nowadays crippled.

Anyway, the loss of RSS did made me look at alternatives for this and I ended up using RSSOwl, a stand-alone application (portable). This handles RSS better and more conveniently than FireFox ever did (or should), so now I am kinda back with FireFox again.

Same here, also a user since the browser was named Phoenix (v0.5). Maybe that is why it is hard for me to let go. Perhaps all of this trouble is meant to point out that people use browsers for way too many tasks as it is. Stand-alone applications are not dead yet... :P

anandcoral:
All fixed now.
FF 66.0.4 (32-bit)

Mozilla did worked on their fault and fixed it, but the last two days were dark, just like Fani blew all our extensions !!
I was never so happy as I felt today in getting all my extensions back active.

Regards,

Anand

dantheman:
@Shades - we are creatures of habit.
Firefox has always been a love/hate relationship for me.
Nightmares of extension incompatibilities, slow to boot and surf...
Still, no matter how often i've gotten upset with it, for some reason, i just come back to it.
The others just don't match it.

@anandcoral - good for you!

Had beta installed and with "Firefox Data Collection and Use" re-checked, all came back to normal the next day after the hick.

Wonder if it's not a Mozilla tactic to get users to leave these options on?
Conspiracy? oh! oh!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version