ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Mozilla shoots itself in foot

<< < (2/6) > >>

wraith808:
Ghacks is a good site, but a bunch of people in the comments section there tend to be weirdly, toxically negative against all things Mozilla/Firefox.
-Nod5 (May 05, 2019, 03:22 AM)
--- End quote ---

Stay out of the comments.  Always stay out of the comments.  The reporting itself seems to be spot on, though, so I wouldn't hold it against ghacks.

Deozaan:
The latest update appears to have resolved the issue for me. :Thmbsup:

Tuxman:
Did you know that K-Meleon still exists?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_web_browsers

:-[

Anyway, that was it for me. I have repeatedly said (or rather, written) that Netscape/Mozilla was one of the products which are just less horrible than their competitors.

I silently suffered when they started increasing the version number to match Chrome, then they took my statusbar (later, "add-on bar"), the RSS support, application theming and XUL add-ons, in Germany they even started distributing adware in cooperation with a yellow press publisher. Some time in between they forced me to distribute my add-ons over their shady portal because of mandatory "signing". That "signing" broke my privacy and security over the weekend - and my patience is limited, it always was, it always will be.

When I saw the news, I was on my way to visit friends, so my Friday was rather calm: no Firefox was involved.
The first thing I did when I came back home was:

* I booted my Windows computer.
* I uninstalled Firefox.
* I set up my already installed Vivaldi so that it mostly matches my previous Firefox installation.
On my other "desktop" I already had Pale Moon, so I was fine.

Farewell, Mozilla. This was one middle finger too much for me.

nickodemos:
All you whiners. Just do it and keep it to yourself. No one really cares.

For instance no one cares that I am sticking with FF.

Tuxman:
Indeed, we don't care.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version