ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Finished Programs

DONE 07/19/05 - IDEA: Capslock reverses case of selected text

<< < (2/6) > >>

mouser:
this doesn't directly address your issue ampa, but, while i think as-u-type is a very cool idea, i am just about done with my clipboard help+spell tool, whose purpose is to let you quickly spellcheck highlighed/selected text in any application, or do some quick fixes to it (change from uppercase to normal case for example).

maybe it will serve your needs.  it should be a little more flexible than as-u-type, and less of a cpu drain, but it will mean that you have to manually select the text to fix and hit the hotkey, rather than have it auto mark spelling errors in the original dialogs as you are typing.

skrommel:
 :) And another solution, stolen more or less from the AutoHotkey help file.

CapShift turns the Caps Lock into a Left Shift.

Download and install AutoHotKey from www.autohotkey.com. Save the script as CapShift.ahk and doubleclick to run.

Skrommel

--- ---;CapShift.ahk
;Turn Caps Lock into a Left Shift.

*CapsLock::
Send,{Lshift Down}
Loop
{
  Sleep, 10
  GetKeyState, state, CapsLock, P
  If state = U
    Break
}
Send,{LShift Up}
Return

skrommel:
 :) I still think prevention is better than curing, but here's what you asked for.

CapsChangeCase changes capslocked sTRINGS into corret Strings when caps lock is pressed.

To use select some text and press caps lock.

Download and install AutoHotKey from www.autohotkey.com. Save the script as CapChangeCase.ahk and doubleclick to run.

Skrommel

--- ---;CapsChangeCase.ahk
;Changes capslocked sTRINGS into corret Strings when caps lock is pressed
;Skrommel @2005

CapsLock::
AutoTrim,Off
StringCaseSense,On
Clipboard=
Send,^x
ClipWait,1

lower=abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyzæøå
upper=ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZÆØÅ

string=%Clipboard%
StringLen,length,string
Loop,%length%
{
  StringLeft,char,string,1
  StringGetPos,pos,lower,%char%
  pos+=1
  If pos<>0
    StringMid,char,upper,%pos%,1
  Else
  {   
    StringGetPos,pos,upper,%char%
    pos+=1
    If pos<>0
      StringMid,char,lower,%pos%,1
  }
  StringTrimLeft,string,string,1
  string=%string%%char%
}
clipboard=
clipboard=%string%
ClipWait,1
Send,^v
SoundPlay,%SYSTEMROOT%\Media\ding.wav,Wait
Exit

skrommel:
 :) And finally the ultimate verison!

CAPshift extends the Caps Lock key by slowing it down, and shows a menu to change the selected text to lowercase, UPPERCASE, TitleCase, iNVERTEDcASE, RaNDoMCaSE or to Replace user defined chars.

Features:
- Right where you expect to find it.
- Hold down for 0.5 sec to enable/disable.
- Hold down for 1 sec to show the menu.
- Rightclick the tray icon to show the menu.
- Also slows down F1, Insert, NumLock and ScrollLock.

You'll find the downloads and more info at Skrommel Software.

Edit: Updated to v1.1: Added the same menu to the tray icon.

Edit: Updated to v1.2: Added a countdown tooltip, also slows down F1, Insert, NumLock and ScrollLock. Added tray status.

Edit: Updated to v1.3: Added an ini-file to disable status, slowed down cutting to make it work in explorers.

Edit: Updated to v1.4: Added Random case, added option to replace user defines chars.

Skrommel

Ampa:
OK now I am impressed.  This last script does indeed seem to be an ideal solution.

But it is not only the fact that you provided a solution, but that you thought the problem through and made a better product than I originally requested.

Ampa

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version