ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Screenshot Captor

Settings on Unavailable Network Drive

(1/1)

d_train:
I'm using a directory on a mapped network drive as the location for My Documents.

Sometimes at startup, when the network connection takes a little longer to get established, Screenshot Capture will launch and not be able to find "U:\My Documents\DonationCoder\ScreenshotCaptor\ScreenshotCaptor.ini"

When this occurs, SC reverts to the default settings and tries to create a directory, but displays 'error creating non-existing directory "DonationCoder\ScreenshotCaptor\Screenshots" '. When this happens I'm unable to take any captures unless I restart the application after the network drive is available. If I forget and try to take a screenshot before restarting, the app hangs with an error message because it's trying to save the image to a non-existing directory. A force-quit and restart is the only way to escape.

The "About" screen displays the message:
   Settings stored in: DonationCoder\ScreenshotCaptor\
   WARNING: This directory does not exist; settings may not be saved properly.

I don't mind using a different (local) directory for storing my settings, but how can I change the default location for the ScreenshotCaptor.ini file?

mouser:
I don't mind using a different (local) directory for storing my settings, but how can I change the default location for the ScreenshotCaptor.ini file?
--- End quote ---

Edit the ConfigDir.ini file in the installation location of Screenshot Captor -- there you can specify the location where you want your Screenshot Captor settings file (ScreenshotCaptor.ini) and related files to be stored.

Let me know if that helps!

d_train:
Thank you mouser! Your suggestion worked like a charm.

mouser:
 :up:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version