ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Special User Sections > General Review Discussion

Review Templates

<< < (4/5) > >>

mouser:
i know it sounds like a waste, but the easiest way is to simply click modify on your post in personal area, copy the post contents, and make a new post in the mini review section and paste the contents..

as an administrator i ican also MOVE your post, but the only problem with that is that it will get sorted as if it was written a long time ago.  you can send me a private message to work out more details.

mouser:
I will see what i can do to improve this - i think ideally we will just establish a better system for writing reviews.

Hi mouser, about the html review template that I used for the notetaking one, is there a way to preview the webpage while I am working on it?  When I was using it, I could never tell what the end result was going to look like until you actually put it on the site.  Something about php being difficult to preview or something.
-superboyac (December 11, 2006, 11:36 AM)
--- End quote ---

superboyac:
I will see what i can do to improve this - i think ideally we will just establish a better system for writing reviews.
-mouser (December 12, 2006, 03:32 PM)
--- End quote ---

Sounds good.  One thing I was thinking of for the next notetaking roundup, since there will be a lot of content, I'd like to split it up in a few more pages accessible by clicking on links, so that everything won't be in one long page.  I don't know how to do this, but hopefully it won't be too hard.  Thanks.

patteo:
i know it sounds like a waste, but the easiest way is to simply click modify on your post in personal area, copy the post contents, and make a new post in the mini review section and paste the contents..

as an administrator i ican also MOVE your post, but the only problem with that is that it will get sorted as if it was written a long time ago.  you can send me a private message to work out more details.
-mouser (December 12, 2006, 03:31 PM)
--- End quote ---

Looks like the best way is to use the first method. The only thing that will make it a slight hassle is that of uploading the jpgs. Will have to put them in the right order or the jpgs will be all jumbled up.

Ideally there should be a way to select multiple jpgs and they will upload in sequence.

Also, there seems to be no way to insert a new jpg in between previously uploaded jpgs, or for that matter, reordering them when changes are made to the review.

That said, there should of course be a way to just Move the post and still have it reflected as a new post. Of course, this could just be a limitation in the forum software.

mouser:
your comments are good and i think i should add a mod to the forum to let admin adjust posting date which would solve the move problem.

another hint:
you can actually easily change the order of images in your post to reflect the upload order,
for example use
--- ---[attach=3][/attach] to say where to show the 3rd attachment, and
--- ---[attachthumb=3][/attachthumb] to show 3rd attachment as a thumbnail where you want it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version