topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 4:46 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: IDEA: Social Browsing History Website  (Read 4289 times)

The Code Queryer

• Participant
  • Joined in 2019
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
IDEA: Social Browsing History Website
« on: April 06, 2019, 01:08 PM »
Folks,

Did you use del.icio.us a dacade ago ?
You registered your member account and once you logged in you saw a button. When you clicked that button, del.icio.us grabbed all your bookmarks and uploaded the links to the website. Now, others can see your bookmarks as your favourite links were displayed under your username. Anyone doing your Username search, found all your bookmarks presented in google like presentation.

I want to build similar. But instead of the script uploading all your bookmarks it should upload all your browsing histories. That way, others doing your Username search can now see what you browsed. Hold down the CTRL button and press the H button to see your browsing history. All that needs to be uploaded.
This is gonna be big! All this forum members can signup as members and upload their browsing histories and each of us can see what the other has been browsing online. Ofcourse, there should be an option to delete links from the uploaded mysql database.
I have a feeling this will have to be clientside programming for the script to grab and upload all the users browsing histories from his web browser.
We can add this feature to this forum.
If you like my idea then get the owners of this forum to read this thread. And comment here about my great idea.
Whoever likes my idea, do not forget to contribute your sample code here for others to learn from.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2019, 01:36 PM by The Code Queryer »

KynloStephen66515

• Animated Giffer in Chief
  • Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2010
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Hahahahahahahahahhaahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhaahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhaahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhaahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhaahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha omg no this is such a bad idea.....who the hell would want to share their browsing history for the world to see?

Also...if mouser tried to implement this to DC, I would personally fly to Illinois to throat punch him.

The Code Queryer

• Participant
  • Joined in 2019
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: IDEA: Social Browsing History Website
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2019, 01:42 PM »
Now, does anybody else think this is a bad idea ?  :down:
I think it is a good idea.  :Thmbsup:
Read my next post to learn why!
« Last Edit: April 06, 2019, 01:49 PM by The Code Queryer »

The Code Queryer

• Participant
  • Joined in 2019
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Hahahahahahahahahhaahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhaahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhaahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhaahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhaahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha omg no this is such a bad idea.....who the hell would want to share their browsing history for the world to see?

Also...if mouser tried to implement this to DC, I would personally fly to Illinois to throat punch him.
-Stephen66515 (April 06, 2019, 01:22 PM)

I would. Not all my browsing history but some. Look at it this way. You have total 1 million followers from twitter, youtube, facebook, etc. They see what you post. Ask them, if they'd be interested to see what you browse. THEY WOULD.
Now, when these 1 million head-off to the first page you are browsing, providing they are from English speaking countries you would earn $5,000 on the spot.
When on the 2nd minute you headover to the 2nd page on the same website or a different website, then when those 1 million trail you again to the 2nd page you are currently at, then you'd earn another $5k and so on. Why ? Because, all your browsing history links would be converted to interstitial ad links (adfly, linkbucks.com, etc. links). Therefore, whenever they click the same links you are browsing, they won't go to the original links but converted links. When they click these links they will see 5 secs ads and you will earn money after 5 secs of them clicking the links.
Believe me you, if celebrities allowed the world to follow them like this then they would earn by the minute nearly non-stop getting followed from link to link. They will earn more than what they earn acting in movies or releasing music, etc.
This is the future.

Now, I believe you will change your mind and say you will NOW allow others to see your browsing history if it's gonna earn you tonnes of money like that. In short, all your links from your browsing history would be converted to adfly etc. links before being publicized publicly. The more the public view your browsing history and click those adfly etc. infested links then the more money you earn! Now, you wanna go public with your browsing history.! Don't you ? Lol!  :D :up: :Thmbsup: :P
« Last Edit: April 06, 2019, 01:48 PM by The Code Queryer »

Shades

• Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: IDEA: Social Browsing History Website
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2019, 04:46 PM »
Why would anyone go into that scheme? The person being followed gladly hands over that data for money, but what happens with that data after that?

But the person from who the data is collected, what would this person gain? Lots of money? Yeah, that only happens in your dreams. If you see how much money internet ads generate on the sites that host these ads, you would be amazed in a negative way.

Some people having an audience (because of the content they create) to which targeted ads can be shown on a regular basis, that is worth money. And if that sounds like the old model of TV/Cable, it is. For example: I don't have anything against watching relevant commercials from sponsors of Youtube channels I follow. Unsollicited commercials Youtube  bombards you with, I really dislike. That type of "commercial" thinking from channels made me stop owning a TV all together. Haven't seen public TV for years. I never even had a cable connection to cut.

That proposed lump of money I would get for my browser history, that transfer would be a one time deal. But how long is that data going to haunt you? A lot longer than once, The people buying that data will want their money's worth and as they have now control over their collection, that will be as long as they can get away with in every way they can get away with.

So, by all means go after your idea and find a doofus to sell it to. Just don't count on this doofus to join your scheme.