ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

"IDEA" : Key to Replace Context Menu R-Clik Program Start On Selected

(1/4) > >>

MourningStar:
I use Windows 7 -

I request a key(stroke?) that will invoke a media-based program on only the selected items. For example, currently we can select 3 music files, and via the r-clik context menu popup navigate to wmp, release mouse button and it will fire-up wmp and play those three files. Instead, I would like to press a key for same action.

-thank you

4wd:
Shift + F10 ?

On some laptops it's sometimes the Fn + Right Control keys, (on my Dell anyway), some keyboard also use the right Windows key, (if they have one).

Or do you want a hot-key to replace the combined action: Context menu->WinAmp->Execute

MourningStar:
Or do you want a hot-key to replace the combined action: Context menu->WinAmp->Execute-4wd (April 03, 2019, 04:25 AM)
--- End quote ---
Yes, however it must behave identical to as described in the OP. I want to define several keys and assign different apps (e.g. winamp, wmp, mp3tag, mpc-hc, foobar, etc.). So, perhaps a script for one and highlight the specific terms to change for each different app to do on my own.

fwiw, I have a Logitech G510s with programmable keys. I defined one of them it but did not play the selected files as per the r-clik context behavior. It just started the app. Perhaps assigning the hot-key script
to a "keystroke" rather than a shortcut can work? I don't know, this begins to go beyond my skillset.

-thank you

wraith808:
So are you saying that you want a contextual keymap based on the application that is foregrounded?

MourningStar:
So are you saying that you want a contextual keymap based on the application that is foregrounded?
-wraith808 (April 03, 2019, 01:02 PM)
--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version