ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

[Request] - Multilingual Word Counter / Spoken Word Timer [Tray Utility]

<< < (2/5) > >>

KynloStephen66515:
The only "UI" it needs, is a settings window to set your languages (native + chosen foreign), and to change between slow-average-fast (spoken word speed)

Other than that it just needs to spit out an info window with the numbers :D

(Also, it must stay hidden in the tray until called on...I wanna start it with Windows and just ignore it 99.9% of the time lol)

Looking forward to checking it out :)

publicdomain:
The only "UI" it needs, is a settings window to set your languages (native + chosen foreign), and to change between slow-average-fast (spoken word speed)
-Stephen66515 (September 16, 2019, 09:08 PM)
--- End quote ---

Roger that.

Repo open @ https://github.com/publicdomain/multilingual-word-counter-spoken-word-timer

publicdomain:
Okie, need some input here to continue :)

Part "A" (word count) = piece of cake.

Part "B"(speaking time) is going to need a bit of creativity here. I'm thinking hooking into a Text-to-speech source, extracting the resulting duration as base/average time, then calculating "fast" and "slow" speech as a function of this value (i.e. 1.25x / 0.75x)

Do you have any program you prefer to use for text to speech? Since this is custom-made for your specific use-case, we should begin with anything you have!  ;)

Cheers!

KynloStephen66515:
Well, it doesn't really need TTS, so this may actually be helpful: https://pdfs.semanticscholar.org/d473/6be7a0271ed5caaac02f41c29bc3e63a6212.pdf

The results for RAI (Italian) is the ones I really need - I couldn't care less how long my speech would take in English haha

On a side note: There is utterly no rush with this - I'm not back in university until next year now anyway :D

publicdomain:
There is utterly no rush with this [...]
-Stephen66515 (September 20, 2019, 07:36 PM)
--- End quote ---

Thanks for sharing this info. Nonetheless, let's put some time-frame to it :)

Let's say: word count feature fully-done before September ends :Thmbsup:

(Hey! Life has taught me it's best for there to be a date to achieve success! )

Cheers!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version