ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Text Expander for Windows

<< < (3/3)

Curt:
Both Pathagoras and TypingAid are really fine, it seems. But, hey, the difference in the asking prices!  :o  Let me see, should I pay a fortune, or have the free one?   :-\ 

$0:
TypingAid https://github.com/ManiacDC/TypingAid could be useful as well, also AutoHotkey, also free.-Lintalist (April 04, 2019, 01:28 PM)
--- End quote ---

As you type your word, up to 10 (or as defined in Settings) matches will appear in a drop-down dialog, numbered 1 - 0 (10th). To choose the match you want just hit the associated number on your keyboard (numpad does not work). Alternatively you can select an item from the drop-down using the Up/Down arrows or the mouse. You can define a fixed position for the drop-down dialog to appear by hitting Ctrl-Shift-H to open a small helper window, or by specifying a list of programs in the preferences file.-TypingAid
--- End quote ---

At the moment I am using the free & fine AHK script, AutoCorrect, from IainB's post. It's big, so your browser may not answer at first: https://www.autohotkey.com/download/AutoCorrect.ahk

IainB:
@Josh: For US$40, Ace Text from JustGreatSoftware.com might be worth a look. It's a sort of "companion" tool to their superb EditPad Lite (FREE). I have used the latter regularly for years, and am trialling AceText at present.
(Copied below sans embedded hyperlinks/images.)
AceText
AceText is a companion that eases and speeds up your everyday computer activities, whether that is writing reports or documents, text editing, programming, collecting information, conducting research, sending and responding to email, messaging and chatting, or any or all of those.

AceText extends the Windows clipboard, enabling you to copy and paste like never before. Take notes, jot down ideas and keep important information at your fingertips. Use templates to quickly communicate via email or instant messaging. Never again type in the same message twice. Store and move around blocks of text to easily edit complex documents. Drag and drop text from web sites and compile research. Instantly find previously saved snippets.

* AceText Benefits
* AceText Testimonials
* Download AceText
* Buy AceText Now! Only US$ 39.95.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version