ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Listing the unused

(1/2) > >>

Contro:
I have to do some space in my laptop so I would like to know those files I don't open for a long time, exe's i don't execute, etc. Those files I haven't move or copy for a long time.

A software able to categorize this in folders without use for a long period or from a date.

Able to locate folders without movements and without execution of any of the files contained.

Free, portable and fast ?

Best Regards
 :-*

Curt:
http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/executed_programs_list.html > scroll (horizontally) to Last Executed On

no, the data is not reliable.  :(

4wd:
List files sorted by Last Access time:

--- Code: Text ---dir <file spec> /s /od /ta
eg. List all MP3 files on D:\

--- Code: Text ---d:cd \dir *.mp3 /s /od /ta

Contro:
List files sorted by Last Access time:

--- Code: Text ---dir <file spec> /s /od /ta
eg. List all MP3 files on D:\

--- Code: Text ---d:cd \dir *.mp3 /s /od /ta-4wd (March 30, 2019, 06:57 AM)
--- End quote ---
Something from a software , not from the console, and more interactive and flexible ?

:-*

Shades:
As a general rule:
Nothing beats the flexibility of the command line.

Also, for menial tasks like this, user interaction is what you don't want. Better do that by script, so you don't have to waste time clicking on things that a script would do much faster and more precise. And you could see this as the beginning of a script that helps you keeping your laptop neat and tidy automatically, so you don't have to worry too much about it.

Piece of mind or having yet another maintenance task where you must click away at lists and lists of files to keep, to store on different media or throw away.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version