ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Screen change detector

<< < (3/4) > >>

JohanV:
Distill Web Monitor https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/distill-web-monitor-ff
-nickodemos (March 28, 2019, 07:08 PM)
--- End quote ---
Thanks for your input.
The program I need monitored is a Firefox extension therefore does not have a url. so the web monitor can't monitor it.

I have come to the conclusion that what I want I can't get. :(

Ath:
I have come to the conclusion that what I want I can't get. :(
-JohanV (March 29, 2019, 04:01 AM)
--- End quote ---
But you can go to a thrift shop or computer fair to buy a cheap second-hand secondary monitor for your computer, so the alternatives mentioned can be had for a small budget.

tsaint:
Why not use a screen corral type program (eg Mouser's) and just have a quite thin vertical piece of screen reserved for your notification window/firefox window?
Pixel change notifier doesn't require the monitored window to have focus.

nickodemos:
I know I have other ideas that might help but it is getting a bit harder to do without more information. IE can we get a screenshot of this blue bar in action? What addon are you using so maybe we can recreate your situation and get a better understanding.

As it is we are walking about blind.

IainB:
@JohanV: Not sure if this will help, but I thought it might - I just happened across it today and it reminded me of this discussion thread, so I thought I'd mention it, just-in-case:
OnTopReplica
A real-time always-on-top “replica” of a window of your choice, for Windows Vista, 7, 8, or 10.

This simple utility application shows a blank always-on-top window by default. Users can pick any other window of the system to have an always up-to-date clone of the target window shown always-on-top. Very useful for monitoring background processes, wrangling with complex multi-window games or tools, watching Youtube videos while working, and so on.

Features:

* Clone any of your windows and keep it always-on-top while working with other windows,
* Select a subregion of the cloned window, which:
       * Can be stored for future use,
       * Can use relative coordinates from the target window’s borders.

* Auto-resizing (fit the original window, half, quarter and fullscreen mode),
* Position lock on any corner of your screen,
* Adjustable opacity,
* “Click forwarding”: allows to interact with the cloned window,
* “Click-through”: makes the replica ignore any mouse interaction (turns OnTopReplica into an overlay if set together with partial opacity),
* “Group switch”-mode automatically switches through a group of windows while you use them.
--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version