ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Screen change detector

<< < (2/4) > >>

JohanV:
Thanks for all the input. I really appreciate it.
I have come to realise that I am asking for the, currently, impossible.
The best course of action would be to have a dual screen system but the earnings from the program do not justify the expense.
I'll just have to stick to manually checking the screen.
Thanks again.

Shades:
Once you go with a dual monitor setup, you will not want to be without such a setup anymore. Introduced to such a setup at work, I recreated such a setup even at home. Preferably you'll go for 2 monitors that are the same, or at least with the same resolution. But that is not necessary to be useful. At home I bought a new but smaller and really cheap one and even that works out very well for what I am using my home system for. I work on my main, bigger one and keep track of events on the smaller one.

You will be more productive, or at least actively engaged with the tasks you are doing on a system with a dual monitor setup. Some here in the forum have a triple monitor setup or even more. Don't dismiss such a setup for yourself either, after having the dual monitor setup, you'll might have thought of a use case for a 3rd monitor.  ;)

Shades:
The PayToClick software you use, from the description you gave I understand that this is browser-based (extension).

Perhaps would this be of use:  tab-notifier

It is a generic notifier that pops up a message balloon on your desktop when things change on a website you have configured to be notified about. Its description states that it still works if the browser is minimized.

rjbull:
The best course of action would be to have a dual screen system but the earnings from the program do not justify the expense.-JohanV (March 27, 2019, 04:27 AM)
--- End quote ---
In that case, I wonder if the earnings justify immediate notification...  Another hypothetical approach.  On a single-monitor system, could you harness a macro program to bring the window of interest to the front, run the notifier, then return to the previous status?  And, set it to run both from a hotkey for ad hoc checks, and also from a scheduler so that it would check for you when you were at lunch, or the coffee machine or whatever?

nickodemos:
Distill Web Monitor https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/distill-web-monitor-ff

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version