ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Got new phone, is there an easy way to transfer my settings/apps/data?

<< < (3/3)

kalos:
I see my Google backup is ON and there is a gmail account of mine as a backup account.

Shall I assume that if I login to my new phone with that gmail account, it will restore everything?

Can I check that?

rlaksana:
the only app i know that will backup app data without root is helium but it has not been updated in a long time.
you might want to give it a try.

or

you could also do an adb backup https://9to5google.com/2017/11/04/how-to-backup-restore-android-device-data-android-basics/

4wd:
the only app i know that will backup app data without root is helium but it has not been updated in a long time.
you might want to give it a try.-rlaksana (April 20, 2019, 04:18 PM)
--- End quote ---

Doesn't work with Motorola since about 4 or 5 years ago, something they warn you about and that I have tried.

kalos:
If I use Phone Explorer to backup the apps, will it work? Will the settings be backed up too? Can I just restore the backup to my new device?

skwire:
If I use Phone Explorer to backup the apps, will it work?-kalos (May 12, 2019, 12:11 PM)
--- End quote ---

We don't know.  Try it and report back.

Will the settings be backed up too?-kalos (May 12, 2019, 12:11 PM)
--- End quote ---

Based on my own experiences as an Android user for over a decade, the answer is sometimes, for some apps, your settings will transfer over.  Sometimes they will not.  Sometimes, an app will offer a settings export feature that results in a file you can import on your new phone.  It's all part of the fun.  Haha.

Can I just restore the backup to my new device?-kalos (May 12, 2019, 12:11 PM)
--- End quote ---

Try.  It.  You have absolutely nothing to lose by trying it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version